Waiting

Twenty four hours. That's how long she'd been locked inside of her bedroom for, the large space seeming to get smaller and smaller the longer she was left stuck inside. Tick tock tick tock.... the incessant ticking of the clock on the bedside table was the only noise in the room, besides the light sound of her breathing, and it was slowly driving her mad. Minute by minute she waited for Belial to come release her and he'd yet to make an appearance.

A low rumble made it's way through her stomach, an unfriendly reminder that she hadn't eaten since dinner the night before. Flipping over on the bed she looked at the clock, 3:33am, the minute hand seemed as if it was taking forever to click forward. Letting out a groan she unwrapped herself from the blankets and padded her way over to the large vanity by the closet.

Peering into the mirror she cringed at her reflection. Black and blue bruises marred her face and neck, predominately standing out against the pale coloring of her skin. The bruise around her neck looked almost like a choker, the bruising delicately wrapped completely around her throat. Leaning forward she peered into the mirror, running her hand lightly across the back of her head, cringing as her fingers came in touch with a particularity sensitive part of skin. Blood still matted her hair flat against her skull, the warm rag Belial had washed her laceration with did little against the rats nest that was now gracing her head.

Shaking her head at her reflection she got up and walked into the massive closet, clicking the light switch, illuminating the room as she further into the room. Rummaging through the drawers she pulled out a pair of sweats and a baggy t-shirt before quickly slipping them on her battered body.

Heading back into the room she was interrupted by the sound of the bedroom door opening. Belial walked smoothly into the room, carrying a large basket full of delectable foods. The aroma wafted her way, causing her stomach to rumble loudly as he closed the distance between them.

"I'm sorry to have kept you waiting so long, I had things that needed to be taken care of immediately. Plus I thought you may have needed the time alone, you've been through enough the past few days. I brought some food with me for you, I hope there's something in here that you'll like." Lifting up the basket he looked expectantly at her.

"It's alright, I slept most of the time you were gone anyway." She didn't dare tell him she'd been literally counting the minutes until she saw him again. "If you don't mind though I'd like to use the restroom to clean up a little bit before I eat. I honestly feel disgusting coated with all of this blood in my hair." Lifting up a tangled piece of her hair she shot him an apologetic look.

"Of course, I'll set up the food on the bed if that's alright with you."

With a quick nod she scurried past him racing towards the bathroom, shutting the door quickly behind her. She still didn't fully feel safe in the mansion, Luca had definitely done a great job causing her to be even more cautious of her new home.

Spinning around she walked over to the massive shower and turned the knobs on the wall until hot water rained down from several shower heads. Stripping quickly out of her dirty clothes she stepped in the shower, letting out a loud sigh as the hot water cascaded down her back. Carefully washing her hair, she closed her eyes as the hot water slowly relaxed the tense muscles along her neck and back. After about ten minutes she turned the water off before wrapping a thick white towel around herself and stepping out of the shower into the steamy room.

The dirty clothes she'd put on earlier lay in a crumpled pile on the floor, causing her to realize she'd forgotten to grab a clean set before coming to the bathroom. Wrinkling her nose at the clothes on the floor she headed back to the bedroom, wrapping the towel as tightly as she could around her.