Ruby Red

The atmosphere in the palace around him was static with tension as he strode briskly down the corridor. A battalion of dark creatures stood in wait, their thirst for death and mayhem was evident as they shook with anticipation of the battle that was to come. The hell hounds snapped and knashed their teeth at anything that came too close as they fed off of the uneasy energy within the room. The sound of steel and metal clanging together as swords and armor were being strapped into place as they prepped for the upcoming battle. Within the hour he should have the remaining troops ready, though he hoped the amount of dark creatures before him would be sufficient enough to overcome Luca, as he didn't have the time to spare to gather a larger force.

Seeing that everything was going as smooth as one could possibly hope for in such a situation Belial started back towards his chambers to try and get a last few things together before he had to leave. Reaching the room he quickly entered before hurrying over to a large wooden armoire that was tucked in the shadows at the edge of his chambers. Time was of the essence but rushing at a moment like this could easily cause for him to forget something vital and that's not something he could chance, especially not with so much at stake.

The mahogany armoire held the very same golden armor that he had worn that fateful day in the field those many years ago, it was only suiting that he wore it now. A crack, followed by a loud popping sound, emitted though the air as his human shell melted away and his true demonic form revealed itself. It felt good to reclaim his own flesh, the restraints of his human form was stifling at best. Slipping the gold plated armor off of the stand Belial slid it over his head before tightening the cinch, fitting it snugly against his body. The only part remaining uncovered on his torso were his wings, a glorious display in all there splendor as they spread out fully behind him.

Dark waves of energy rippled off of him in an immense flow, distorting the air as a crippling rage enveloped him at the very thought of his brother near Jaclyn. His vision turning red at the thought of him touching her delicate flesh. Knowing Luca, the smug little prick, he was gloating in the fact that he'd pulled one over on him. Belial would give Luca the win for that battle but that didn't mean he won the war.

Luca was arrogant at the best of times and Belial knew he'd be basking in the idea that he'd won. Enough so that he'd hopefully let his guard down and hopefully that'd give Belial the small window of opportunity he needed to strike and strike quickly. Grabbing a few more items he left his chamber and hastily made his way back to the corridor where his battalion awaited his final orders. Standing before them he raises his sword, the power emitting off of him was overwhelming as he signaled his troops.

It was go time.

"I'm coming my minx." With that the air around the troops and himself began to distort and ripple as time and space itself contorted around him and the others. The time had come to reclaim his queen.

****************

Jaclyn felt alone, completely and utterly alone as she sat perched on the edge of the plush chair, the ornate cushion sagging underneath her weight. Less than an hour was all that was left until Luca would arrive and she had no idea how the hell Nate and her were going to escape this God forsaken place, wherever this place actually was she had no fúcking idea. Nate at least had some sort of protection with the necklace but that now left her defenseless and without a plan B.

The only thing she even had going for her was Luca wanted her alive to gain whatever power that was apparently prophesized to come along with being with her. What was it that made her so special anyway? She still didn't fully understand the why behind all of it and it left her feeling lost, completely and utterly lost. Standing up from the chair she walked into the small powder room that was adjacent to the bedroom, turning the oil lantern on as she entered.

A large oval mirror stood over the vanity and walking over to it she still couldn't get over the drastic change in her form. That wasn't the only change that'd happened to her, the haunted look in her eyes said it all. But behind it there was a steely determination that was all her own and she drew on that now to give her the strength to help her thru this. The last few months had been soul altering to say in the least. Running a hand down her face she was startled by a loud knock on the bedroom door.

Heart taking off like a banshe she ran out of the powder room like a bat out of hell, glancing out the window as she did so. The sun hadn't quit reached the horizon and Luca had promised her until then to decide.

So who the hell was at the door?

******************************

Patience was a virtue as the humans commonly said, well who the fúck needed virtues. Waiting was never one of his favorite past times but in this case he was more than happy to oblige as he awaited an important visitor.

Speaking of which the door to his office slowly swung open and a figure shrouded in shadow hesitantly entered.

"Didn't anyone ever teach you how to knock human?" His voice was laden with disdain.

"I doubt I'm much of a human anymore after what you've done to me demon." Stepping out from the shadows Nate walked further into the room, his expression sour as if he sucked on a lemon as he approached Luca.

"Well you can't blame me for wanting to improve the company I'm to be stuck with, at least now you don't reek like a worthless human."

"Glad to know you think so highly of me, let alone my sister." Sarcasm oozed from his voice as he strode towards Luca, his fists clenched tightly together.

"Your worth to me only goes as far as your usefulness. Speaking of which did you do as I asked?"

Luca hid the eagerness from his expression, he couldn't allow Nate to realize just how much his plans were contingent upon this part. It was a crucial piece of the puzzle and without it he wouldn't be able to release the bond his brother had over Jaclyn and create his own union instead. Why should Belial get all of the glory? Hell was his for the taking and it was so close he could almost taste the power.

"Yeah I've got it." Looking down at his clenched fist Nate missed the glint in Lucas eyes as he leaned forward in his chair, his anticipation barely concealed.

"In fact I didn't even need to ask her for it, Jaclyn gave it willingly."

Opening his clenched hand the necklace that Jaclyn gave to him earlier shimmered brightly in his palm as the light from the fire reflected off of the massive blood red ruby.

"I believe this is what you asked for. "

***************************************************************************************************************************
Voila!! There you go everyone, a short but sweet chapter. What's to come next? Hang on for the ride everyone, it's about to get bumpy. Till next time 😚