An Unwanted Visitor

Jaci began walking back towards their house with Nate following next to her. The crunch of leaves the only sound around, echoing throughout the dense woods. Nathan appeared to finally gotten out of his sullen mood she felt a wide smile break out aross her face. Glad to finally be able to enjoy a moment without any worries, besides catching a rabbit for dinner. Ducking below a low hanging branch, she couldn't help but think of the black scaled demon.

A shiver of anticipation crawled up her spine. Remembering his large hands resting upon her slim waist, the warmth radiating from him as it scorched its way past the thin material of her clothes. Imagining his lips upon her own...

I wonder what he's doing right now?

Shaking her head, she tried to clear the thoughts from her mind.

Seriously what am I thinking? Jaci the man is a demon after your soul. A very sexy, delicious looking demon....

He had oozed sexuality. Lust for her evident in his eyes. Almost no experience with men caused her to not know how to react to these naughty thoughts.

"What are you thinking of that's making you to look so flushed Jaci?" Nate said, looking curiously at her.

Jaci felt a bright blush flare up across her face. Nate raised an eyebrow at her reaction. Avoiding eye contact with him, she looked down at her hands, twirling her thumbs. Hoping with all her might that maybe Nate wouldn't push the question.

"Well?" He asked again.

Damn it...

Pausing to speak a scream suddenly rang out loudly in the air.

Thank God I don't have to answer him...

Mentally slapping herself, she tried to pull herself together.

What is wrong with me today? More importantly, who was that screaming?

Jaci stopped walking, noting that Nathan had done the same. His question no longer a concern.

"Where did that come...."  Pausing he was unable to finish as another scream rang out.

Looking at her, Nate tilted his head, as if questioning what they should do. Nodding in the direction of town she started to run quickly through the dense underbrush as they sped towards the village.

Reaching the edges of the village, there wasn't a soul in sight. Slowing down to a quick walk they began to edge their way into the town. Toys lay scattered in the street, a small doll lay abandoned in the dirt, her dress ruined.

Bending down to pick it up, the dolls clothes were torn, as if something sharp had sliced into it. Looking around, Nate pulled his sword out before continuing forward towards the center of the town.

"What do you think happened here?" Nate whispered, his voice barely audible. Trying to not draw any attention there way.

Rounding the corner of a wooden house, the red door hung wide open, swinging back and forth on its hinges. Scuffle marks lining the dirt directly outside of the home and it looked as if something heavy had been drug from the house.

"I don't know Nate, it looks like something forced the people outside." Bending down she saw that there were long scratches in the dirt next to the foot prints.

What is really going on here? Standing back up she dusted the dirt from her pants.

"Why don't we keep on looking." Nate started forward again, making his way past her.

Another scream rang out, this one filled with terror, a woman's shouts followed after.

"I know that voice." Nathan whispered. That was Evelyn."