Flames Of Rage

Nathan flew across the room towards Luca, the flickering flame of rage he'd kept contained for so long erupted into a raging storm of fury. No more would he let himself be a puppet and Luca the puppeteer, it was time for the strings to be cut and set himself free, he was the master of his own fate. Having closed the distance between the dark lord and himself Nate felt his fangs elongate as his inner beast took over. The fight between them was inevitable.

Luca nimbly dodged each attack, which only added fuel to the flame as Nate struck out again and again, each strike barely missing its target. Jumping backwards Luca evaded Nate's attempt to decapitate the demons head from its body as he sliced his wickedly sharp claws just inches from the demons neck.

"I wondered when you'd finally show the darker side of you boy. I knew it was only a matter of time before you revealed your true self."

The taunting tone of his voice wasn't missed on Nate and he charged forward once again. Luca spun quickly out of the way as Nate tried a different technique as he used his new found speed and dove low, catching Luca by surprise before they both crashed to the ground. The element of surprise didn't last long and Nate was thrown across the room by a wave of immense of power that erupted from of Luca, crashing roughly into the dark grey stone wall of the room, his bones felt jarred from the impact. Groaning Nate clambered to his feet, masking the discomfort from the deceitful creature that stood across the room, he wouldn't show any weakness, not to him.

"Is that the best you've got Luca?" Nate no longer cared what could become of him, he didn't plan to submit to his so called master without a fight.

"That's not even an once of what I can do boy and today won't be the day you see my best either. I warned you earlier not to provoke me, you're not going to like the repercussions to your behavior but I believe it's needed. You will do as I say or our deal is null and void."

"And if I don't?"

The insolent tone was evident as he sneered at Luca with pure loathing coating his entire face. Luca was before him faster than he could blink, his hand wrapped tightly around Nate's throat as he pressed him firmly against the wall. The power radiating off of him was immense and he couldn't breath as he tried to pry Luca's hand from his throat. It was useless and only caused Luca to tighten his grip even more.

"First the little brat dies, then everyone else you know will be next. I'll keep you locked in here with her with no food or water, starvation will be inevitable. Eventually the beast inside of you will take over and she'll be torn to shreds. Or maybe if I'm feeling particularly generous I'll snap her neck and make her death relatively painless before I go back for the others. Don't worry though, I'll bring you along so you can watch me rip the flesh right off of their bones, maybe I'll let you even join in on the fun when the blood lust consumes you. And it will eventually. The darkness inside of you calls for it, yearns for the fear and adrenaline that you get off of a kill. Do you yield or must I demonstrate by starting with her death?"

Fúck..... Now Nate fully understood why Jaci had made the mistake of sealing her fate all of those years ago in the forsaken place. Taking on the responsibility for Maya's well being weighed heavily on his mind, if he didn't listen to the demon before him she would die. Either by his hand or Luca's she was good as dead if he didn't give in to the demons demands. Damn it all. Maya didn't deserve to die, she was still an innocent child, lost in the dark world they lived in and he was now the only flickering bit of hope she had left. He had to decide now, his vision was beginning to get hazy around the edges from the lack of oxygen and he didn't have much more time left conscious.

Opening his mouth no words came out and his body screamed for the badly needed oxygen due to Luca still having his hands tightly wrapped around his throat. Weakly he managed to nod affirmation, gasping loudly as the air flooded his lungs when Luca released his hold, dropping him onto the floor. Wheezing he gingerly touched his hand to the bruised flesh on his neck as he started at the ground before him despondently.

"That's a good boy. Maybe next time you'll listen to me when I tell you not to disobey me. For your punishment you'll be left in this cell until I deem it time for you to leave."

A sense of panic filled him at the realization that the ravenous hunger he felt earlier would only get worse and Maya would be in grave danger just by being around him. Sensing Nate's train of thought Luca intervened.

"Don't worry the brat will be taken out of here and will be taken care of while you're locked in here since apparently her life is what keeps you obedient. Remember in the future don't ever let your weakness show, people will manipulate you for it."

Winking deviously Luca left Nate and made his way over to the metal door, stopping as he reached the threshold of the exit. Leaning down he unhooked the chain from around Maya's wrists before tossing her over his shoulder, her long red hair swishing back and forth as Luca turned one last time to glance back at Nate.

"By the way I've got a little surprise for you, it should be delivered here soon. I'll give you a hint because I'm feeling giving this evening-it's something to help appease your hunger.

The metal door shut swiftly behind them, the sound resonated loudly in the dark room and Nate shivered at the sensation of foreboding that overtook him. Shaking off the feeling he slowly clambered to his feet, bracing himself against the wall weakly. The beast within him screamed to be fed, it consumed his entire being.

It was only a year, he could survive Luca or at least he hoped he could.

Time crawled by slowly and his hunger grew greater by the minute. He was ravenous. At the sound of the lock clicking open he snapped his feral black eyes upwards, waiting in anticipation as the beast within him became restless. Maybe this was the surprise Luca had promised to him about earlier? Knowing Luca whatever it was it couldn't be good. Nate pushed himself back into the corner of the room until he melted into the shadows, waiting.... watching.

The pungent scent of fear filtered into the room before a girl was shoved through the door and into the room, falling roughly onto the ground she cried out in pain. The click of the bolt sliding into place echoed loudly in the room as she was sealed inside with him. He could hear her whimper as she picked herself up off of the floor, clutching tightly onto her left arm she slowly walked forward into the light cast from the singular lightbulb that hung from the center of the room. As soon as the young girl entered the light Nate gasped as bile rose up in his throat, he felt like he was going to be sick. It couldn't be, anything but this.

The young girl had waist long thick black hair that framed a small heart shaped face, a pair of large sky blue eyes were wide with terror as she looked around the room frantically. She couldn't be more than ten years old, but that wasn't what sickened him to his stomach.

No it was worse....much worse.

The young girl could have been the doppelganger to his twin Jaci when she was younger, the resemblance was so close that if he hadn't known better he would have believed it to be her. A coppery scent permeated the air and it was then he realized why she was clutching into her arm. Blood dripped from a large gash that ran the entire length of her forearm, it's sweet scent called to the darkness within him. The hunger couldn't be contained for much longer.

It was only a matter of time before the demon within him took over and he gave in to his instincts and dined upon her flesh.

**************************************************************************************************************************

A/N Barely awake right now but I knew I had to update for all of those who are patiently waiting. Sorry if there's any mistakes I'm just too tired to go through and edit at the moment but I'll come back in the next few days and clean up the chapter.

So what is your verdict of the chapter? Do you like the direction the story is going? Also what do you enjoy reading about in the story more: Luca, Nate, Belial, Jaci? Let me know.

Till next time I hope all is fabulous week in your neck of the woods.