Inquisition

Jaci stood frozen in place as she stared wide eyed at the black demon, still clutching the clothes tightly to her chest. He was even more beautiful in his human form than she remembered, her dreams not doing him justice. The man before her was massive, crimson eyes framed in an aristocratic face that stared intently at her. Jaci felt as if he was looking directly into her soul, his gaze so piercing she averted her gaze, unable to maintain eye contact any longer. A shiver went up her spine, causing goosebumps to erupt along her ivory skin, as he took a step toward her.

The distance between them wasn't far enough as he slowly moved towards her, his movements graceful like a lion stalking its pretty. Stumbling back, she tried to match him step for step as he moved closer. Stopping as she brushed against the clothes hanging on the wall behind her, the was no longer any chance for escape. Her breath hitched in her throat as he stopped directly in front of her, a mischievous smile dancing across his face as he looked down at her.

"I see you've discovered your closet Jaclyn. Hopefully everything is to your satisfaction." His low voice rumbled smoothly over the words, causing her right eyebrow to raise up in surprise.

Well I definitely didn't expect him to say that. What is going on here? Am I dreaming? Reaching over she pinched the back of her arm, jumping a little as pain radiated from the site. Well I'm definitely not dreaming. I wonder what he's up to?

The demon didn't say anything as he watched as she pinched herself, amusement evident on his face at her silly antics. Clearing his throat to suppress a chuckle, he took a small step back, giving her a little bit of breathing room.

"Why don't you get dressed in something a little bit more comfortable and meet me in your room in five minutes. We have a few different things that need to be discussed."

Jaci watched as he walked back towards the closet door, her eyes traveling down his toned back until they rested on his firm backside, her gaze lingered for a moment longer. Well he is definitely all man.... her thoughts were interrupted by a quick cough that brought her attention upwards. A blush erupted across her cheeks, warmth flushing across her face as she realized he'd caught her checking him out.

Unable to contain his laughter anymore a chuckle escaped, rumbling out from his chest. "Like what you see Jaclyn?" His signature smirk gracing his face, giving him a more youthful appearance.

"By the way if you're more comfortable wearing what you have on you won't hear any complaints coming from these lips." Shooting her a quick wink he walked out of the closet, leaving her flabbergasted as he sauntered out the door.

*********

Walking back into the lavish room she spotted him reclining on the bed, his long legs stretched out in front of him as he leaned against the massive wooden headboard. A small fire burned in the stone fireplace, giving off a soft glow of light that illuminated the room. Shuffling forward she slowly crept towards the bed, her heart thumping frantically in her chest as his head turned in her direction.

"Don't be frightened Jaci, I won't bite you. We need to discuss a few things about the terms of our agreement. Why don't you come take a seat." Patting the bed next to himself he scooted over a little, giving her room to climb on. Standing still she shook her head 'no', unable to unlock her legs to do as he requested.

"Jaclyn I won't ask as nicely next time. I suggest you come take a seat." He snapped out, his tone giving no room for argument.

Walking forward quickly she sat on the edge of the bed, trying to keep as much room as possible between the two of them. A squeak escaped as she felt his warm arm quickly wrap around her waist, pulling her flush against him so that she was resting in the crook of his arm.