Faults Lie Within

Jaci watched with trepidation as Evelyn leaned heavily against the wooden door, barring the only possible escape from Nate's room. A sickly sweet smile spread widely across her scarred face, contorting her features so that she resembled the monsters that had been haunting her dreams.

"Evelyn my god what happened to you? Are you alright?" Despite everything Evelyn had done to her she couldn't bring herself to hate the disfigured woman standing before her, fate had been cruel enough.

"Do I fúcking look alright Jaclyn? All of this is your fault! My life has been destroyed because of you! I'm not even welcomed back to my own home because the others in the village are terrified of me."

The crazed look in her eyes bordered on insanity and Jaci instinctively stepped backwards until her back was firmly pressed against the old wooden dresser behind her. Evelyn watched her every movement like a hawk, her smile grew wider at Jaci's obvious unease.

"I don't know why you think I did something to harm you Evelyn, that was never my intent. I'm sorry that this happened, but if you need help I'm certain we can find somebody to help you. "

"The last thing I want is your help bítch. What in your right mind made you think that I would ever want that? I fúcking loath the thought of you. Oh no... I want you to realize the pain and torment I've been through because of you."

Cackling like a mad woman Evelyn reached behind her, pulling out the old butcher knife from the kitchen, the edges were tarnished with old dried blood. Running her index finger along the blade Evelyn sucked in her breath as the razor sharp edge easily bit through her fragile flesh, blood trickling down her arm and onto the floor beneath her as he returned her attention to Jaci.

"Evelyn please tell me what I did that has made you hate me so much. We can figure things out. I don't want you to get hurt." The last thing she wanted was anybody hurt because of her but she would defend herself if that's what it came to.

"Oh I doubt I'll be the one getting hurt Jaclyn." Insanity danced across her eyes as her tongue darted out along her cracked lips. "Oh you've done so many things wrong I wouldn't even know where to start."

"Please try Evelyn, I know we can work past everything and get you the help you need."

Jaci knew her pleading wasn't going to get her far but maybe she could stall long enough for her to summon Belial back to her. Hopefully he could help diffuse the situation so that nobody got hurt.

Belial I need you to come back here. Nate's not here and things have gone south quickly. Please hurry.

Trying her best to keep the budding panic from her thoughts suffer swallowed down the growing anxiety. She needed to keep a calm facade or Evelyn would feed off of that and things would go from bad to worse quickly.

"Stop offering me help! I have no desire to work past things you stupid bítch. You don't deserve my forgiveness. If you want to know what you did then I suppose I can grant you that last request before you die." Stepping forward Evelyn slowly crossed the bedroom before perching herself on the edge of Nate's bed, still barring the only path to escape.

"Ever since we were young it was always about you. To both of our parents you were the golden child. The pretty one, the smart one, the one they'd always talk about having the bright future. I was forgotten on the sidelines. My parents loved you like one of their own. When the demons attacked my parents were killed right in front of my eyes. Just imagine the pain I went through watching as my mother's spine was ripped from her flesh and my father was torn to shreds when he tried to save her. Then you come along and for some reason the demon chose to let you live. Again you were the center of attention. The demon even gave you a chance to save others and being the selfish bítch you are you chose to only save Nate. Did you ever even pause to think about the others who lost there loved ones? No you didn't. I lost my entire world that day and still you were the center of everything. What makes you so special? I just don't understand it. I mean look at you."