Chapter 5

'Finally!! It's monday!!!'

I jumped out of my bed and chose my ninja outfit for the day (like I said, it can look however you want). I ran to the kitchen and Kushina was already there, making breakfast. I sat on the table and waited for the food to be done.

When she was done, she put a plate/bowl of (favorite breakfast) in front of me. I tried to eat it as fast as I could since I was starting school today. Minato was going to take me there and he told me the third Hokage would wait for me there and introduce me to my teacher.

"Ready to go?" Minato asked me.

"Yup." I grabbed stuff and ran to the door where Minato was waiting.

...

"Wow!"

The academy was huge! I was so amazed and happy but once I put my foot in there, I started getting nervous. 'What if I'm not in Obito's class? What if no one likes me?? Oh no, what if he doesn't remember me?? No, that's not possible, it's been only a few days...but... what if-'

I was cut off my thoughts when I saw the Hokage waiting for me, with someone next to him. 'It must be my new teacher' Minato said goodbye and I walked to the old man.

" Good morning, (Y/n). This is going to be your new teacher (idk his name). He's gonna take you to your class and introduce you to everyone. Good luck!" He left and my teacher took me to my class.

Outside the classroom door, I could hear the students talking but when we entered everyone stayed quiet. Once they saw me, they started murmuring to each other but I was more focused on finding Obito. He was on the second desk in front of me.

Then I noticed a kid with a mask and white hair weirdly staring at me, as if he's wondering if I'm strong or not. The teacher told everyone to be quiet and asked me to introduce myself.

"...Hi, I'm (Y/n) (L/n). Nice to meet you all." I awkwardly said.

"Okay, (Y/n) you can sit next to Obito over there. Mr. Minato told me you already met him, so you'll feel more comfortable being with him, I'm guessing." The teacher smiled at me.

Obito was still sleeping. He didn't notice at all that I was there. I poked his cheek to see if he would wake up but it wasn't working so I decided to flick his ear and, guess what, it worked.

"Wha- hmm, what's goin-" he looked at me for a while until he realized... "Oh my god, it's you! I almost forgot you were coming, hehe." he said embarrassed, scratching his head.

I just laughed. 'Ahah, cute... no wait, not like that!! I just found cute the way he was being a dork, I don't find him cute at all... oh, but he's not ugly, he's just- wait... why am I even arguing with myself?'

The class started before I could finish the question I made myself. I was trying to stay focused but I felt like someone was staring at me although I was too scared to look.

A few minutes later, I gave up and tried to see who was doing it and it was the dude with the mask. He looked away when he noticed I was looking at him. 'weird...'. I decided to ask Obito who he was.

"Oh, him? He's just Kakashi. Ignore him, he's really arrogant and rude." Obito said, with an annoyed look on his face. "So when class is over, do you want to meet my friends?"

"Yeah, sure." I smiled at him. I was going to have more friends!

When the class ended, me and Obito went outside to meet his friends. He grabbed my hand and took me to this place with a tree that had a swing. There were people waiting for us, a girl with purple marks on her cheeks and brown hair, a girl with a ponytail, a girl with red eyes and black hair, a boy, also with black hair, a boy with a bowl cut and Kakashi.

"Hey guys, this is (Y/n)! She's going to hang out with us." Obito told them.

"Hey, I'm Rin, nice to meet you!" The girl with the purple marks smiled.

"I'm Kurenai." the girl with the red eyes said, then she pointed at the boy with black hair, "This is Asuma." He just waved and smiled.

"Yo, I'm Anko!" The girl with the ponytail shouted.

"Ohh, I sense the power of youth in you! My name is Gai, it's nice to meet you!" The boy with bowl cut said.

Kakashi didn't say anything, he basically avoided looking at me.

"Don't mind him, just ignore him." Obito whispered in my ear. I nodded.

Kurenai, Rin and Anko started talking to me and we left the boys alone to do girls talk. They were so nice and funny, I felt so happy to meet them. But I was still kind of angry at Kakashi for being rude... Well, I shouldn't care so much, we probably won't get along ever.

Ok, this chapter is done!! The next one will take place four years later, meaning you'll be 12.

See you next chapter ^^