Chapter 21

"Asuma sensei...is dead." 

Those words kept ringing on my head, never leaving. When Shikamaru told me that, I just stared at him. I couldn't speak, no sound would come out of my mouth so I just stayed silent. We both stayed quiet for a few seconds until my voice decided to finally work.

"I'm going home... If you don't mind." He nodded and I walked slowly to my house. I saw people laughing and smiling on my way. That made me fell even worse. My thoughts started to fill my head and the noise around me became muffled. I finally arrived my house and now I could only hear silence. I sat on my sofa and stared at the walls. I couldn't feel anything at all, I felt numb.

I heard a knock on my door but didn't move an inch. I didn't have energy enough to do it. I was still too focused on my thoughts to even hear what the person behind the door was saying. Finally, my eyes gave in and let go all of the tears that they were holding but still, the expression on my face didn't change at all. Suddenly, something touched me, bringing me back to reality. It was Kakashi. He was grabbing my arm and he looked worried.

"Oh, Kakashi." I said. He looked worried and hugged me tight, making me cry even more.

"Kakashi, I don't think I can take another special person from my life dying. Everyone around me is leaving... If another person passes... I don't think I can take-"

"Don't say that, please." He interrupted me. "You're the last person I have left, you can't leave me either. I won't let you." I looked at him, surprised. I smiled and put my head on his shoulder.

"Kakashi, let's make a promise." He nodded and cleaned my tears.

"Promise we won't die until we're old."

"I promise." He said. "Tomorrow is the funeral, do you think you can go or do you want to stay here?"

"I can go, I have to be there for Kurenai." He nodded and told me to lay down. He grabbed a blanket and covered me and gave me a book. Then, he went to the kitchen and started cooking. It smelled really good and I was already hungry even though I just ate.

He finished cooking and called me to eat. He had made ramen for me and miso soup with eggplant for him. I had never tried his ramen before so I was a little scared of how it would taste like. I grabbed a noodle with my chopsticks and slurped it.

"Wow! This is amazing." I ate slowly so I could enjoy the rare taste of Kakashi's ramen. "You should cook more for me, this is the second best ramen I've ever had."

"What's the best ramen you've had?" He asked.

"Kushina's, of course. One day, I'll make my ramen just like her so I can give it to Naruto. I wish he could try her ramen." We stayed in silence for a while. I finished the ramen and went to the sink to wash the dishes but Kakashi stopped me.

"You should rest." He said.

"Hey, I feel better, you don't have to worry about me. It's just a few dishes."

"Then, let me help you. I won't let you do everything yourself." I chuckled and we both washed the dishes together. When we finished, went to the couch to read together. After a while, he closed his book.

"Well, it's getting late, maybe I should go." He said standing up. I grabbed his arm to stop him.

"Can you stay here? I have a sleeping bag where you can sleep. I just don't want to be alone tonight." His eyes widened slightly and he accepted staying in. He went to his home to grab some stuff he needed while I waited. When he left I started jumping in excitement.

"Yes! Breakfast from Kakashi, let's go!!" I yelled. Of course I wasn't going to ask him to cook for me but I knew that he would cook for me without asking. I prepared my room and got the sleeping bag ready for him...he's going to sleep here... he's a boy... who's going to sleep in my room...a boy sleeping in my room...