Chapter 15

It's been a few years since I've left the village. I've been getting letters from everyone but I haven't had one from Kakashi in a long time. Gai told me that it was because he was in the anbu and was always busy but I was scared that it was because he forgot about me.

'He didn't forget about you, (Y/n). You've been through so much together. He's just busy, like Gai said.'

I was only overthinking, but there was this letter that was scaring me. Itachi's letter. Usually he writes a lot but in this one he barely wrote anything.

He just said that he was fine and having fun with Sasuke, his little brother. I could tell he was lying and something was up. Luckily, the last mission that Jiraya sent me was near the village so I had decided to check if everything was okay with Itachi.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that sometimes Jiraya sends me on missions when he's busy or when the Hokage asks him to.

Anyways, I arrived at the gates. Izumo and Kotetsu were there, checking for intruders. I put my coat on and hid myself. Then, I approached them.

"Who are you?!" Kotetsu asked.

"Shh, it's me, (Y/n)!"

"What? But you're not supposed to be here!" Izumo said.

"I know, I know but just want to check something out, I'll be out in a sec. I promise I won't do anything that'll hurt the village." They looked at each other and sighed.

"Well, it's not like we have a choice, you're too stubborn."

"Thank you so much guys, I promise I'll be as fast as I can."

I left the gates and went straight to Itachi's house. I got there and knocked on the door. A small kid with raven hair opened the door and asked who I was. I told him I was Itachi's friend and asked him to call him.

"Big brother, there's a girl here!" Itachi came to the door and when he saw me his face was filled with excitement and surprise. I hugged him. I missed him so much.

"(Y/n), what are you doing here, you're not supposed to be here?!?"

"I know but I needed to talk to you. Can we go outside for a second?"

"Alright, I guess. But before that, let me introduce you to Sasuke." He was hiding behind Itachi's leg.

"Hey sasuke, I'm (Y/n), it's nice to meet you!"

"Hm." He didn't look at me. Itachi told him to stay home until their parents arrived and we left. We got to a lake and we sat on the grass.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" He asked me.

"What's going on?"

"What do you mean?"

"C'mon, you can't hide secrets from me, I know something is up and you're gonna tell me. I promise I won't tell anyone."

"Fine. Well..." He told me everything. Like how the uchiha clan wants to kill the entire village and how his best friend, Shisui, committed suicide so now he had to kill his clan.

"And there's nothing else you can do?"

"No. Lord Hokage tried to look for a better resolution but our time was limited and they had to do something quick."

"Dammit." We stayed in silence while I tried to take all of that information in. He's just a kid and now he has to kill his family...

"What about Sasuke? What's going to happen to him?" I asked him.

"I can't kill him. I love him too much, it'll be impossible for me."

"I wish I could take care of him but I'm not even supposed to be here... Oh shit, it's getting late, I have to see him before I leave."

"See who?"

"Naruto. It's my only chance to see him today. Listen, before I leave, no matter what, I'm never gonna hate you. You are one of the kindest people I know and if we see each other in the future, in different sides, just know that I'll always love you like my brother and I'll always be here for you." I hugged him,"Now, I'm sorry for leaving you but I really want to see Naruto."

"It's okay, I'll be fine. Now go see your brother." He smiled and we parted ways. He went home and I went to the park. I figured he was going to be there since he's a kid and I was right. He was playing with two kids, a chubby boy and another one with a ponytail. He looked so big! They seemed to be having fun and I was glad he had friends. I knew that the people in the village didn't treat him right but at least he wasn't completely alone.

I decided to go to his house, where Kakashi told me a few months ago, to leave something for him. I took a small box that I had in my pocket and left it at the door of his house. The box had a picture of me, a letter, a Ichiraku coupon and money.

In the letter, I wrote that he will meet me someday and to use the money for whatever he wanted. I couldn't say anything else because I was forbidden by Lord Hokage so I couldn't tell him about his parents until he found out by himself.

I left his house and walked in the streets of the leaf. I heard that my friends were on missions so they wouldn't know I came here. I missed this village so much, I couldn't wait to come back for real.

I bumped into someone and apologized but then I realized who's chakra it was.

'Shit'

I walked faster and manipulated my chakra so it wouldn't feel like it was mine but it wasn't working. He was following me. 'Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit!' Now we were both running.

"Wait, come back!" He yelled.

'I'm sorry, Kakashi but you can't see me.'

I hid in a tree and saw how disappointed he was. Now I was starting to feel bad but I couldn't do anything about it. I wasn't even supposed to be here.

Kakashi P.O.V

I could have sworn that it was her. When she talked, it was her voice, I'm not going crazy!

I kept following her but she just ran away from me, I don't know why. Maybe it was because she shouldn't be here. I really hope no one else saw her. At least it was nice to know that she was here. It means that she's alive and well.

(Y/n) P.O.V

I went to the gates before anyone else saw me. I've made the mistake to let my guard down and Kakashi found out, I can't do it again.

As I was leaving, I realized someone was following me. I stopped on a branch and turned around. He was from the Anbu.

"Who are you?" He was a kid but he seemed strong. 'Of course he's strong, he's from the Anbu!'

"I'm (Y/n) (L/n). I'm from the village, I just visited someone. I'm going now."

"I know you, hold on... Oh! You're the girl senpai always talks about!"

"Who...talks about me?"

"Kakashi senpai! He really misses you, you know."

"Really...?" I smiled to myself. He missed me. "Uh-umm, what's your name?"

"I'm Tenzo."

"Nice to meet you Tenzo. Listen, I want you to do me a favor and give Kakashi this letter, hold on." I took my letter out of my pocket and gave it to him, "Make sure he writes back and I want you to bring me his letter. Can you do it for me?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Thank you. Now, I have to go or else my sensei will kill me. Have a good night!" I hope I get his letter, it's been too long since he sent me one.