Chapter 12

I left the hospital yesterday and Kakashi told me to meet him in the training grounds. I had no idea what he wanted to tell me but I knew that it wasn't anything bad.

When I got there, he was waiting for me with something in his hands. I approached him and said hi.

"Hey, hmm... I have something to give you." He handed me a small box and I opened it. It had a beautiful necklace, with a green diamond. "It was...your jonin present from...Obito."

Kakashi P.O.V

'You can do this, you can do this, you promised him.'

I gave her the necklace and I could see that she loved it. I didn't buy it to her but I still felt very happy to see her like that. Of course, when I told her it was from Obito, she got a little sad. I can't blame her though.

'Okay, it's time! You can do this, Kakashi!'

"Umm, (Y/n)...? I also wanted to tell you that...that..." She looked confused and she got a little closer to me, making me blush, "...that...uh... I...umm..."

"What is it, Kakashi?" She asked me. 'Why does her face looks cuter than ever?? I can't do this!'

"It's nothing, nevermind." I can't confess to her, not right now.

"Oh, okay... Umm, thank you for this. I really appreciate it." She smiled at me and then... She hugged me? 'Oh no...' I was so flustered that I couldn't even think.

"U-uh don't...worry about it."

"I have to go now. I'm glad I saw this part of you." She smiled one more time and left. I stayed looking at nothing for a while but out of nowhere I felt a familiar presence. Behind a tree there was Asuma and Gai. I asked them what they were doing here.

"We wanted to make sure you confessed to her but I guess you don't have the guts." Asuma said.

"I don't like her!" I told him.

"My rival, don't lie to yourself, you are clearly in love with her! Your feelings are starting to bloom, it's so... Youthful!" Gai started crying...for some reason.

"Whatever, I'm going home." I left those two alone.

(Y/n) P.O.V.

His house. That was where I was. I didn't go in or anything, I didn't want to see his pictures or his stuff, it would hurt too much. I was just outside his house, just watching.

A few minutes later, a little boy with medium hair touched my leg and asked who I was and what I was doing there.

"Oh, ahah, I'm (Y/n). This was my friend's house. He...passed away."

"Oh. I'm sorry about that. I'm Itachi, nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, Itachi."

"Do...you want to train with me?"

"Oh, yeah, sure. Why not?" Maybe training would help me forget for a while.

This chapter was short, sorry about that but hey, you met Itachi!! That's awesome, ahah.
Until next chapter!