Chapter 32

"Oh, god..." I murmured.

The ninja of the sand told us what had happened in the meeting. Basically, everything went down and now we're at war with the Akatsuki and Madara. Sasuke was also there and fought with the Kages. Kakashi was now going to be the Hokage apparently.

The young man with the red mark on his forehead, who was actually the Kazekage, told Naruto that they're going to protect him no matter what meaning that if Sasuke attacked, they would fight back and show no mercy. For a kid, I could see that he was wise. So this was the so called Gaara.

As they were about to leave, he turned to me and I quickly bowed. He smiled softly.

"So you're the (Y/n) I've heard about." He spoke.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Lord Kazekage. My brother told me so much about you." He smiled again before the blond girl called him so that they could leave.

Naruto was looking at the ground, lost in thought. He looked unpleased.

"So, what do we do now?" Tenzo asked. "In any case, I think we should go back to the village and report what happened. And also Sakura..."

"The real me is with her." Sai told us. "She won't get near Sasuke."

"I think it's better if someone goes and talks her out of it." I said.

"Alright. Yamato, take Naruto and head back to the village. Me and (Y/n) will bring Sakura." Kakashi said as we all nodded.

"Sai, show us the way." I demanded. Suddenly, Naruto started to breathe heavily, making me feel worried. "Hey, Naruto, are you okay?"

He feel on his knees, holding onto his chest, almost running out of breath. Before I could move, he fell to the ground. We all ran to him and tried to call him down.

"Naruto, breathe. Breathe." I said but he wouldn't stop breathing fastly. He closed his eyes and lost consciousness. As I was trying to wake him up, Tenzo touched my shoulder.

"I'll take care of him. You three go now before it's too late." I nodded and kissed Naruto's forehead before leaving.

We were on the forest when Sai's clone disappeared. Sakura probably made them fall asleep. I was right.

We found them laying on the ground. We woke Kiba up and asked where Sakura was heading. Before leaving, we put the kids somewhere safe so that no one would attack them, since they couldn't wake up.

As we got closer to the place where they were, we could see Sasuke behind Sakura. He started making a Chidori but Kakashi saved Sakura before Sasuke could touch her.

Kakashi threw a kunai with a string, tying Sasuke up but he made a substitution jutsu.

"Sasuke, I don't like to repeat myself but I'm going to say this again." Kakashi spoke. "Those who follow the path of revenge end up nowhere. Do not become obsessed with vengeance."

Sasuke ignored everything that Kakashi said and laughed maniacally. This wasn't the shy Sasuke I met that day. He also wasn't the Sasuke I saw in Itachi's pictures. I barely knew him but even I felt hurt by seeing him like this.

"Stop acting like you're still my sensei." He said, with crazy eyes.

"Sasuke, you know that Itachi didn't want this!" I said. I was hoping that this would work but I guess it didn't.

"Who do you think you are? Talking about my brother like that?" He growled but then he widened his eyes in realization. "Wait, I remember you. You're that woman that appeared the day before the tragedy happened!"