Chapter 25

At the moment, me and Kakashi were heading to Gai's place. Why, you ask? Well, he wanted to celebrate us coming back alive. But what we didn't know is that it was a costume party.

"Welcome (Y/n) and Kakashi!" Gai exclaimed. He had a blue wig and a mask but it kept falling so he gave up on it. He wore a big shirt on his jumpsuit and his face was covered in makeup that it almost made him look like a clown. "Why aren't you wearing your costumes?"

"Costumes?" I asked, confused.

"Yes, I thought I told you. Oh well, I'll just get a few things that I have and I'll give them to you." He ran to his room. Surprisingly, we were the first ones to arrive. His team and our team except for Naruto, who was in the hospital getting his arm treated, still didn't arrive.

There were two tables with snacks and drinks, a few chairs around the place and two sofas. We sat on one of them and waited for Gai. He arrived with a long red wig and a dress on one hand and on the other he had a white shirt that said 'I love my rival' and sunglasses.

"(Y/n), here you go!" He gave me the red wig and the dress.

"Where did you get these?" I asked.

"I have no idea!" He gave us his usual shiny smile. "Here, Kakashi!" He gave Kakashi the shirt and the sunglasses. "Sorry, it was all I had." I snorted and Kakashi deadpanned. We went to change in different rooms and when we came back his team was already here.

"Good evening, (Y/n) sensei!" Lee said while waving. I waved back at him. He was wearing his normal ninja uniform and said that he wanted to look like Gai. Ten Ten wore a pretty dress and two braids and Neji didn't bring a costume. I went to grab some chips and started small talking to Ten Ten while the boys talked on the couch.

Sakura and Sai arrived a few minutes later and we started the party. Sakura was also wearing a nice dress and she had a pretty headband. Sai wore his normal clothes since he's never been to a costume party. We put music, the girls talked and the boys played cards aggressively although Sai was just watching them play.

"Sensei, that wig looks really nice on you." Sakura commented and Ten Ten agreed.

"Really? Thank you." I smiled. I grab a bit of it and looked at it. It looked just like Kushina's hair. I wonder how Gai got this.

As we were talking, Gai challenged Kakashi on a drinking contest. I knew this was going to go wrong but did I really want to miss the opportunity to see both Gai and Kakashi drunk? No, I didn't. I decided to tell the kids to leave after Kakashi and Gai were almost drunk so they wouldn't see those idiots acting like idiots.

"(Y/n) sensei, can you tell me later who wins?" Lee asked.

"Yeah, sure, Lee." The kids left. While the idiots drank, I decided to clean the house a bit. Gai wouldn't have energy enough to clean his house in the morning so I had to help him.

When I was done, both idiots looked like they were about to pass out. I decided to make it a tie and stop those two. I grabbed Gai, who was really drunk, took him to his room and put him on his bed. He fell asleep right after I put him to bed.

Now I had to take care of the other drunk man. I left a note on Gai's table saying that they tied and looked at Kakashi. He was laughing by himself on the chair. I grabbed his arm and put it around my shoulders. We left and went to my house, since it was near Gai's place.

I took my keys and opened the door. I left Kakashi on the couch while I prepared my bed. I couldn't find the sleeping bag so I decided to let him sleep here and I would sleep on the couch. I went back to the living room and Kakashi was still laughing. I sat next to him and touched his arm.