Chapter 27

I woke up in the middle of the night. Kakashi was sleeping on the couch so I tried to be as quiet as possible. I had decided that I should check up on Naruto, I couldn't leave him alone. I knocked his door but he didn't answer. I opened the door and the house was really quiet.

In the kitchen, there was an opened ramen cup on the table so I put the hot water to cook it and took it. I went to Naruto's room and there he was, on his bed.

"Hey, Naruto."

"Hm."

"You should eat a bit." I grabbed the chopsticks and held them on top of him. "Just eat a little." He kept looking down. I decided to leave the ramen and just sit next to him. We stayed quiet for a bit untill he, suddenly, hugged me. I was startled but I hugged him back. He cried and I cried with him.

"I miss him so much, (Y/n) sensei." Naruto said.

"I miss him too, Naruto. I'm sure, someday, we'll see him again. We'll just have to wait for a while." I caressed his hair and we stayed quiet for a bit.

"Sensei, I'm going to outside." Naruto said, standing up.

"Alright, try to eat something." I said and we both left his house. I went back to my place and noticed that Kakashi was awake.

"Where did you go?" He asked.

"I wanted to check up on Naruto."

"And how are you feeling right now?"

"Worse." He stood up and hugged me. I cried on his shoulder as he caressed my hair.

"It's still too early, we should rest, okay?" He said, softly. I nodded and walked to my bedroom. "Do you want anything to eat or drink?" He asked, leaning on the door. I shook my head and he left, after saying goodnight.

...

I woke up feeling exhausted. I stood up and went to the kitchen where it smelled really good. I slept the whole morning so it was already lunch time and Kakashi bought some groceries while I was sleeping. As I walked into the kitchen, Kakashi was cooking something.

"Good morning, (Y/n). Are you feeling any better?" He asked as I sat down on the table.

"No." I put my head in between my arms. He put something in front of me and when I looked up, I saw a big bowl of ramen. I just stared at it. I was hungry but didn't really feel like eating.

"C'mon, you have to eat." I didn't move. He grabbed my hand and that startled me. "Talk to me. Maybe you'll feel better." I put my head back in between my arms and thought about it.

"I just wish I'd spent more time with him. I should have stopped him when he told me he was going there. And I almost bet for his life, I was so close to do it. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if I should have done it or not. Even when I wasn't here, I didn't spend enough time with him, only when I was a kid. I miss him so much..."

"You know that he's proud of you, right? Right now, he's watching over you and he'll always will. But I don't think he wants to see you sad over him so at least try to eat a little. Please." I nodded and slowly ate. At first I couldn't feel the taste but as I kept eating, the better it tasted. When I finished, I wanted to eat more and Kakashi noticed that so he asked if I wanted to go to Ichiraku. I got dressed and we went.

We arrived and ordered two bowls. This made me feel so much better that I smiled widely for the first time after they told me what happened. While we ate, Kakashi told me about everything they talked about, like the code on the toad's back and such.

"Oh, by the way, when we're done, I want to check up on Naruto." I said.

"Oh, about that. I encountered Shikamaru when I was on my way to buy groceries and he made me questions about the code. I told him to ask Naruto and try to cheer him up."

"Oh, I feel a bit better. Maybe we should go to see if they have any clues. Perhaps I can help."

"I'm sure you can." He finished eating and we left. We arrived and heard them outside talking about Jiraya's books. Kakashi decided to enter through the window but I, being the normal one, entered through the door.

"This is the book you're looking for." Kakashi said.

"'Make-out tactics'! That's the one pervy sage was working on during our training!" Naruto exclaimed. I grabbed the picture with the code and analyzed it.

"Oh, he put the katakana 'ta' here." I said, pointing to the letter that looked like a nine.

"That's what I was saying!" Naruto exclaimed.

"Mr. Kakashi, please read the first sentence from the first page out loud." Shiho, (the girl with weird glasses) asked. Kakashi got all flustered and kept stuttering the words.

"I-I-I rea-lly l-like..." I was trying so hard to hold my laugh, it was almost impossible. I waited a couple minutes and then took the book away from him to show it to the girl.

She wrote it down and I held it while everyone waited. Kakashi was still flustered and I still wanted to laugh at him. After reading the pages, we found the code. It was: "The real one is not among them."

"What does that mean?" Naruto asked.

"I don't know. We should show this to Lord Fukasaku. He might know something since he fought Pein." Kakashi said.

"Then we should head to Lady Hokage now and ask to see Lord Fukasaku." I suggested.

...

We waited to see if he could figure it out but he couldn't think of anything. He had already told us what he knew about Pein and with only that, he still couldn't figure out the message.

Naruto got angry and told us he wanted to avenge Jiraya's death so he'd do anything.

Lord Fukasaku then informed us that he wanted to teach Naruto Sage Jutsu and also wanted me to come. He would take us to Mount Myoboku and train Naruto.

I'd go to give him a little help and so that Naruto wouldn't feel too alone. We both agreed to it. We arrived at the gates of the village to leave but before that, we wanted to say our goodbyes.

"Kakashi, don't forget our promise. Don't die while I'm gone." He chuckled and nodded. I patted his shoulder. "See you later."

I walked to Lord Fukasaku and Naruto. He started walking outside but stopped and turned around.

"By the way, which way is Mount Myoboku?" He questioned and me and Fukasaku laughed. He explained the way but Naruto didn't seem to understand. I waved at everyone and said goodbye before disappearing and arriving at Mount Myoboku.