Chapter 28

We were at the table where they gave us worms and insects. They looked disgusting and I didn't want to eat them at all. A frog lady asked us to try the caterpillars and we didn't want to be rude so we tried to eat the worm soup.

"If you can eat a little, I'll make ramen later at night." I whispered to Naruto. With the thought of ramen in our heads, we tried harder to eat something but Naruto wasn't strong enough and threw up. He looked at me and I assured him that he was still gonna get the ramen.

We went outside to start the training although Naruto was still a bit nauseous. Fukasaku tried to explain what Sage Jutsu was but Naruto didn't understand until Gamakichi gave a easier explanation using ice cream flavors.

Then they started saying that Naruto had to die to feel nature energy which didn't make sense but it turns out that if he used too much of it, he would turn into a frog stone. Fukasaku explained that with his help, he wouldn't turn into one so they started training.

A few hours later, he could already feel nature energy. We took a break to eat and the food was also the insects. I reminded that he was going to get ramen so we ate them. But this time, they didn't taste that bad.

'I can't believe that they're starting to taste like normal food...I need my ramen as fast as possible.'

We finished and they went back to training. Naruto was now able to lift a bunch of statues. While he was trying to lift up other statues, Fukasaku asked me to get Jiraya's book since he knew that I had it. I took it from my backpack and when I went back, Fukasaku asked me to show it to Naruto.

"What is it?" Naruto asked.

"It's my favorite book. Jiraya wrote it." I gave it to him. "Be careful with it."

"You know," Fukasaku spoke to me, "Jiraya left that book in your house because he wanted you to have it."

"Uh, I thought that it was in Mi-" I stopped myself before saying Minato's name in front of Naruto. "Hm, my dad's box. That the people that cleaned my house found it and put it on the shelf." Naruto didn't seem to notice what I said. Fukasaku let him take a break and read the book.

...

Naruto was now doing a more dangerous training and I didn't want to watch him falling all the time because I'd always get scared and try to save him.

I was in the kitchen with the frog lady cooking normal food. We talked about food and the different kinds of it. I showed her how I cooked and she showed me how she did it too.

I finished cooking rice balls and took them to Naruto. When I arrived at the place where he was training, I saw him falling from the spikes.

"Naruto!" I ran to him. He stood up like it was a small fall while I looked terrified.

"Oh, hey sensei!" He said.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I asked.

"I'm alright, sensei. I'm one with nature energy now, ya know! Look!" Around his eyes was something that looked like orange eyeshadow which looked pretty cool.

"Wow." I flicked his forehead.

"Ouch!"

"Don't ever scare me like that!" He apologized and I sighed. I gave him the rice balls and we both ate it, enjoying the human food that we held. Once he was done, he went back to training and I watched.

Before we knew, it was night time. I made the ramen I promised. I tried a bit and there it was. Finally, I made it just like Kushina. I was so happy that I started tearing up.