Chapter 16

I finally finished this mission. It was so boring and it took me two weeks to finish it.

I was on my way to the place where Jiraya told me to meet him, it was at a small hot spring. I was jumping from tree to tree and arrived to the place. Under the tree I was sitting on, there was a blond kid, mumbling to himself.

"That pervy sage, leaving me here alone, saying he's waiting for someone but all he does is drink! He just left me here by myself, that old-"

"Hi." I suddenly appeared in front of him, my body hanging from a branch and being upsidedown.

"Argh! Who are you?" He asked, startled.

"I'm (Y/n)." I jumped to the floor and sat on the floor, "You must be Naruto!"

"Wait, I've seen you before... You're the girl from the picture! You gave me the Ichiraku coupon, right??"

"Yup, that was me!" I smiled.

"Where have you been this whole time? I looked for you everywhere, ya know?!" I smiled. He talked just like Kushina but it hurt me to hear him say that. I really wanted to be there for him and raise him although, I realized that my powers could have hurt him if I didn't have all of this training.

"Well, I'm not allowed in the village until Jiraya sensei tells me to."

"Why? Did you do something bad?"

"No, I just have an amazing power that I have to control" his eyes lighted up and he asked me to show him. I lifted my hand and made a snow ball, melt it and made the water float on my hand. Then, I turned it into a small ice cube and gave it to him. He looked at it, amazed.

"Wow, you're awesome, ya know?!"

"Thanks!" I felt so happy when he said that. "So, you're in a team, right?"

"Oh yeah, of course!" He said, smiling.

"Who's on your team? Can you tell me about them?"

"Sure. So there's Sasuke, he's annoying and always picking fights with me. He thinks he's so cool but he's just an idiot, ya know." That reminds me of someone. "Then there's Sakura."

"Ohh, a girl! Do you like her?" He blushed and smiled.

"She's pretty and strong but she likes Sasuke although it doesn't matter to me, I'm not giving up on her, ya know!"

"Ohh, nice. And who's your sensei?"

"Kakashi. He's cool and all but he's always late, which is kinda annoying." He told me.

"He didn't tell me that, I can't believe him!"

"Wait, you know Kakashi sensei?" He looked surprised.

"Yeah, we were in the same team."

"That's awesome, ya know! Wait... Are you stronger than him?"

"I guess you could say that." I was really enjoying this, "Tell me more about your team."

We talked for almost an hour, while waiting for Jiraya who was probably flirting with women and looking for
'inspiration'.

Naruto told me a lot about himself and I told him what I could say about me, since I was forbidden to speak about certain things. After a while, Jiraya finally arrived.

"Oh, I see that you two have met already."

"Yeah, (Y/n) is awesome and she's so strong, ya know!"

"Well, she's gonna be your sensei too." He told us.

"She will?!?"

"I will?!?" I was confused. He didn't tell me about this and I didn't think Naruto was going to be with us all the time.

"Not yet, she still has stuff to do and you, Naruto, have to go back to the village once we're done with this mission. Here (Y/n), your next mission." Jiraya handed me an envelope with the information I needed for the mission. I was kinda sad I wouldn't be able to spend more time with Naruto but I had to do this if I wanted to go back to the village.

"See you later, Naruto. It was nice to meet you!"

"Bye, (Y/n) sensei!"

...
(Time skip to a few days later)

I was just coming back from the mission. This one was also near the village but this time I wasn't going there. I knew that I was going back in at least 4 years and I didn't want Jiraya to find out and extend the years.

As I was walking in the forest, I felt a familiar presence. I grabbed a kunai from my pouch, turned around and pointed it to the person behind me, him doing the same. I noticed that he was by himself so I dropped the kunai and hugged him.

"I missed you so much, Itachi."

"Me too, big sis." We finished hugging and talked about what was going on in each other's lives.

"So you joined the akatsuki, uh? Is it fun?"

"No, not at all. Not everyone has the same personality as you." He chuckled.

"Oh damn, that's boring. What about your partner, does he annoy you or something?"

"Not really."

"So what are you doing here, near the village?" I was scared of the answer to my question.

"We're here to take the nine tailed fox. But I know that Master Jiraya is around so don't worry, nothing bad is going to happen to him." I released the air I was holding, "I'm also using this opportunity to check up on Sasuke."

"Oh, that's good. I'm sure he's alright."

"So when are you going back to the village?"

"Maybe in four years, I'm not sure." He frowned. If it was hard for me to wait I couldn't imagine how hard it was for him to not go back at all. I hoped he'd see Sasuke, I knew he missed him a lot. We felt his partner near us and we said our goodbyes.

...
(Time skip to months later)

I was waiting for Jiraya in the same hot springs where I met Naruto for the first time. He was taking so long but he told me he had a surprise for me so I was kinda anxious.

Usually when Jiraya says something like that it's not a good thing. Finally, after an hour of waiting, he arrived and Naruto was with him, carrying a big backpack. I approached them and asked him what was going on.

"Well, Naruto here is going to be with us for a while and you will help me train him. After that, we can all go back to the village!" He told me.

"How long are we going to train him?" I asked.

"Maybe three years."

"Then, I'll go back to the village in three years??"

"Maybe, it depends on the amount of missions you'll have."

"Hey, hey (Y/n) sensei! Can you teach me how to do the snow balls??" Naruto asked me, with hope in his eyes.

"Sorry, kiddo. It's a clan thing, I'm afraid it's impossible to teach you." He frowned, "But hey, I can still help you with a lot of things and maybe teach you one or two techniques that'll make you stronger." His smile was back.

"Yes!! Thank you, (Y/n) sensei, you're the best, ya know!"

"Yeah, I know." I laughed.

Okay, next chapter will be in shipudden already, so you'll see Kakashi again!!!