Chapter 39

One of the beasts came running to us but instead, it turned to the eight tails as Mr. Mask murderer detained it. Hehe, get it? Mask murderer?

The eight tails tried to catch him but it was useless. He started walking to the other tailed beasts, suppressing its chakra. The other tailed beasts went to where Mr. Mask was.

Gai and Kakashi decided to let us rest for a bit as they ran to the beasts to defeat them. That lava was still affecting me somehow, I never realized how weak it made me feel.

I took a deep breath and got ready to attack the beasts that were coming this way. I made two ice blades and tried to stab them. Kakashi started analysing our enemy and realized they didn't the same powers as Pain even though they had the same metal things as him.

The Mask probably noticed our realization and powered up the tailed beasts, to the point where they took their normal appearance. They made us fly away from our places.

As I was trying to go back to the floor, I felt something hitting my leg, hurting me, and thanks to all of the dust, I couldn't see who did it or where the others where. I guess I flew somewhere far away from them. Since my leg was hurting, I had to wait until it healed. I put my hand on the place it hurt and used my powers to heal it. It was healing fast so I'd be back in no time.

I could hear everyone's yells so I wondered why was no one attacking me. Mr. 'Committing genocide with a mask' surely knows I'm here, why isn't he taking action when I'm weak?

Now I had to decide between walking slowly while healing at the same time or waiting until it healed and go back quickly. The first option was the best now, we're at war, there's no time to be relaxing.

I stood up slowly and started walking straight to the mess that was happening. My leg wasn't that bad but I still had to walk slow so that it would heal faster. Suddenly, all of the noise stopped and I could only hear muffled voices. I was getting closer to them and now I was able to see their bodies.

My leg was now almost back to normal and so I ran slowly to the two shadows I figured were Kakashi and Gai. They saw me running to them and came to help as they put my arms around their shoulders as support.

As we were almost attacked by the tailed beasts bombs, a sudden bright light appeared in front of us. I gasped, speechless. The light kinda looked like Minato but then it slowly disappeared, showing Naruto instead.

The bombs exploded far away from us and now the beasts were going to attack us. Naruto transformed into the nine tailed fox and put us three inside of its form.

Naruto started attacking the other beasts while we stayed in our places, unable to do a thing. After fighting them, Naruto finally knew where the metal things were in each one of them.

They started making a bomb and Naruto did the same thing. If it weren't for Naruto and the nine tails, we would've probably died in the explosion.

Naruto grabbed each one of them and started taking their metal sticks off. After doing so, his nine tailed fox form disappeared and we all landed to the floor as the weird beast statue thing absorbed the other tailed beasts.

Then, Mr. White Lollipop made the weird beast statue thing go berserk. It swallowed something which made it go even more crazier, making us realize that it already had the nine tails chakra.

The floor around us kept shaking and, if it wasn't for Kakashi holding me, I would've almost lost my balance because of my leg. Heal faster, stupid leg, or else I'll die here. Kakashi then murmured about a ten tails and how the purpose of this war was to revive it.

The eight tails confessed that they lost a tentacle to 'What's behind that mask', meaning that the statue only needed a portion of the chakra.

Then, suddenly, a really dark voice started to come out of Naruto's mouth. The nine tailed fox. He started explaining about the ten tails. He also told us that these two tools had two men inside with the possession of some of the nine tails chakra.

"You're all mistaken." The depressed lollipop spoke. "I don't need the revival of the ten tails to be complete. My end goal is a super genjutsu, The Infinite Tsukuyomi. I will put every human on this planet under a single genjutsu. A single world that belongs to nobody. One perfect world without war or ill feelings!"

'What the actual fuck!?! Is this dude actually serious?!?'

So basically he just wants to dream forever? Who the fuck wants that? C'mon. Of course, none of us gave a shit about what he said, it's not like we're going to give up everything just to be in a fucking dream forever.

Naruto activated the nine tails chakra and summoned a clone. Kakashi reminded him about the Mask Man's abilities. I tried to run to Naruto so that I could help but I was stopped by Kakashi.

"You're leg is still not healed enough!" He exclaimed.

"Kakashi, we're at war, I don't have time to just stand here and watch. I have to help!" I argued.

"I know but...just wait a little until you're able to run. Please." He begged. I knew he was worried for me so I huffed and nodded, even if I didn't want to just watch them doing everything. Just wait until my leg heals.

The eight tails held Kakashi, like he asked it to, while Gai prepared himself to fight. I sat down and used both hands to heal my leg.

"C'mon, c'mon..." I prayed. I had to go to battle quickly or else...

I couldn't see what was going on since I was too focused on getting my leg healed but I could tell that they were fighting amazingly.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!! Just fucking heal!" The more I healed, the more it hurt but it was a sign that it was working. I just need a few more minutes. "Why didn't I take more healing classes with Tsunade!" I yelled in frustration.

"(Y/n), are you alright?" I heard Kakashi yelling.

"I'm great, worry about Naruto and help him now!" I screamed back. "Argh, why am I so fucking useless, I'll fucking kick the asshole that hurt my leg!!" I was so frustrated, to the point where I almost punched my leg, and the pain wasn't helping at all.

I was finally done with my leg. Of course it still hurt but I was able to run to the others.

"I'm here, my leg is healed, what's happening?" I asked. Kakashi told me how they figure out The Mask's technique. One thing that was bothering me was the fact that both him and Kakashi are connected, which didn't make sense at all.

There was only one possibility of who he was but I couldn't believe it. He was dead, it's impossible. I could tell that Kakashi was having the same thoughts as me.

We all went at him but he was faster and trapped the eight tails. Naruto then, made a clone and, with a rasengan, his clone flew to Mask Murderer. He tried to hit Naruto but he only hit the clone.

Kakashi fell to the ground from using his Sharingan too much so I put my hand on his eye and warned him that it was going to hurt. Naruto threw a bomb at Depressed Lollipop and it exploded while he was in there.

Naruto walked to us and, after the explosion, I gave them all a small snowball, since I still had a lot of chakra. I heard all of them gasp.

"Who is he?" Naruto asked. That confused me a bit and so I turned around. I gasped.

"Impossible..."

...