Chapter 29

I saw Choji and ran to him.

"Choji, you're alright!" I exclaimed in relief. He looked at me with terror in his eyes when he realized it was me. I saw his dad on the floor and checked his pulse. He was still alive.

"Choji, go look for someone that can heal your dad, I can't to much but I'll do my best." I tried to do what I could and told him to leave. He didn't move though. He just stared at me. I looked at his side and my eyes widened.

"No..." I said. Tears started to fall and I slowly walked to him while Choji went to the side. "Choji...go, please." He tried to hold his dad and they left.

Kakashi was on the floor. I couldn't hear him breathing, I couldn't feel his pulse, nothing. His face was full of blood and I tried to close the wound although, he didn't move at all.

"Kakashi, wake up...Please wake up." I let out a sob as I caressed his cheek. "You promised...you promised you wouldn't die...you can't leave me, please...stay..." I tried to make him breathe again pressing my hands on his chest. I was desperate to bring him back. I even tried to do mouth to mouth but nothing was working.

I gave up. I screamed and sobbed. He was the one that couldn't leave. If he leaves, then I'll feel like the loneliest person in the world.

"You promised... I should have known... I should have stayed..." I looked at his face. He looked so beautiful. I touched his cheek and one of my tears fell on his nose. I caressed his hair with one hand and grabbed his hand with the other and just stared at him while crying softly. "I didn't even get the chance...to figure out my feelings for you..."

I stayed like that for the whole time. I wouldn't let anyone take me away from him, not until I'm ready. Katsuyu found me and announced that Naruto defeated Pein. I didn't speak, I just kept looking at Kakashi. She decided to leave us alone.

I didn't want to admit but he looked peaceful. I finally cleaned the blood on his head and after I was done, I grabbed his hand and held it with mine.

Suddenly, I felt some kind of force going into him. That made me very confused. As I tried to see where that came from, his fingers moved and I gasped.

"Kakashi?" He started breathing and woke up groaning.

"What...happened?" He asked while standing up. I hugged him really hard and started crying on his chest.

"I thought...I thought you...you died..." I stuttered. He put his hand on my back.

"We made a promise, remember?" I laughed in between sobs. "Hey, hey calm down. I'm here. I'm alive." I tried to stop crying and cleaned my tears. I breathed in and out and then smacked his head.

"You fucking scared me! Don't ever do that again!" I yelled at him.

"Ouch. I'm sorry..." I sighed and put my head on his chest.

"You're not leaving my sight ever again. If you go on a mission, I'll go with you. I can't let you die, you need a stronger person with you."

"I still don't get how you're stronger than me."

"You'll see...someday." We chuckled. "Let's look for Naruto, he must be exhausted."

We found out that he went looking for the real Pein that was controlling the others. We saw him coming our way but he was really tired. He almost fell but Kakashi was able to catch him.

He carried Naruto on his back all the way. I found it the most adorable thing I've ever seen. We arrived at the village and so many people were there. They praised Naruto and thanked him. Naruto looked confused for a minute and turned to look at me.