Chapter 44

"Madara...has come back to life..." Obito declared. Oh shit.

So that's what the black Zetsu did to Obito. He preformed rinne rebirth and now Obito was going to die. He tried to take Obito's eye so we tried to stop him but he attached himself to Obito. He was going to fight us with Obito's body.

Suddenly, the ten tails appeared. Kakashi tried to use his kamui but it vanished before we could do anything. Black Zetsu tried again to take Obito's eye but something stopped him. Obito was fighting against him, not letting him take it away.

"Kakashi, (Y/n)! Destroy this eye!" Obito begged. I made an ice kunai while Kakashi made a chidori and Minato made a rasengan but then Minato let it die.

"Sensei?" Kakashi asked. We heard Sakura calling for us on top of us as she was on a floating sand with Gaara. They came down and Naruto's body was lying next to Sakura.

"Naruto!" I shrieked. She told us that the nine tails was extracted from him and Gaara asked Minato to transplant the other half of the nine tails into Naruto.

Minato began the transplant while Kakashi and Gaara fought the black Zetsu. I quickly went to Sakura and started giving her chakra. The black Zetsu stopped Minato and took the nine tails chakra from him.

Shit!!

Madara makes an entrance, now with the appearance of a ten tails Jinchuriki. The black Zetsu walked to him and began to leave Obito's body although Obito wasn't letting him so he went back.

As Madara was blabbing about Obito, Kakashi, Gaara and Minato prepared to strike at him. When the time came, they all did a combined attack but Madara was faster than them, hitting them with their own jutsu.

Obito walked to Madara as they both held their hands up. He got closer and, before Madara could do anything, Obito stabbed his hand inside Madara's stomach. They started fighting and Obito asked Kakashi to take Naruto to the time-space.

I got away from Sakura and both her and Naruto teleported to the place wherever Kakashi's eye took them. Gai joined us and asked about what we knew about Madara.

They told him that he could only be hurt with sage art and taijutsu. Since sage jutsu wasn't our fort, we could only count on Gai. With everything happening at the same time, I was panicking from the inside.

I mean, I just saw Naruto almost dead and now I wasn't near him, I didn't know if he was going to make it. I put my hands on my head and told myself to breathe.

"He's going to be okay, he's with Sakura. And Obito will help, for sure. Just calm down, (Y/n)." I said to myself. Then, I slapped myself, coming back to reality. "Okay, you can do this."

When I looked up, Gai was hurt and Lee was holding him. I ran to them since I was a bit behind and gave him a snowball full of chakra. Now I was able to control better my necklace, meaning that I could choose how much chakra I wanted to give out.

Gai made the decision to use the eight inner gates. We all tried to stop him but once he made the decision, there was no turning back and we knew that. He opened the gates and prepared himself to battle.

"Wait, Gai! I have a confession to make!" I spoke. "Remember that one time where you brought a sandwich to the academy and at lunch time, it disappeared? It was me, I ate the sandwich! I'm sorry, I was hungry and forgot about my lunch!" Kakashi deadpanned and Minato laughed awkwardly.

"Dang it, it was one of my best sandwiches but I forgive you, (Y/n)! Because you've cooked many things better than that sandwich!" Gai winked and gave me a thumbs up while I did the same.

He launched himself at Madara and we could only watch. Lee started crying so I comforted him, hugging him and caressing his hair while I cried with him.

"Let's watch your sensei and cheer for him." I told him. As they were fighting, a lot of dust and smoke started coming out way, along with the wind.

"Well," Kakashi started. "If we're all confessing then I have a confession. (Y/n), when you went to train with Naruto, I went to clean your house and I got tired so I made coffee and accidentally broke your favorite mug! I'm sorry!"

"No, I loved that mug!" I pouted. "Well, I have to confess some things to you two! Minato, I'm sorry I didn't take care of Naruto when he was a kid! I really regret it and felt like Lord third didn't help him that much, I should've been there for him!"

"Wait, why weren't you there?" Minato asked.

"Lord third wanted me to train with Jiraya outside of the village because I needed to control my powers and I got scared because I didn't want to accidentally hurt Naruto but now that I look back, I should've trained inside the village! I'm so sorry!" I explained.

"Don't worry about it, it wasn't your fault!" He forgave.

"Kakashi, remember our promise?" I asked.

"Yeah!"

"Well, at first I made that promise because I didn't want to be alone and I was scared you would die but now I've realized that it was because I wanted to grow up with you and fall in love together, get married in a beautiful garden with beautiful flowers, one of us would become Hokage then we could adopt two dogs and maybe a cat or a bird or even a bunny, maybe have a family and grow old together!" The wind was making it hard for us to hear each other so I wasn't sure if he heard me.

"What? You're not making any sense and I can barely hear you!" I heard him yell.

"I said that I love you, Kakashi!" The wind finally stopped and I realized what I just said.

"You what?!"

"What...? Did you hear anything? I didn't say anything!" I blurted.

"You love me."

"Hm, maybe we need to clean our ears, I don't even know what I said, I didn't even hear myself." I started laughing awkwardly.

"You love me..."

"I mean, we can just forget about that or maybe I should just shut the fuck up, I'm just saying random shit at this point and-" Kakashi shut me up by pressing his lips on mine. He grabbed my head with one hand and with the other, he grabbed my waist.

We pulled away and I was still shocked.

"I love you too." He confessed.

"Wow...confessing while we're at war, such a cliche. But I love it." I grabbed his face and kissed him. "I don't want to be a party pooper but our friend is about to die and Minato and two teenagers just watched us kiss twice so..." Minato laughed at my comment.

"Right." Kakashi agreed. "We'll continue this later."

"Oh, yeah, of course!" We turned back and watched our best friend fight for us.