Chapter 45

It was over.

Gai lost.

Those were my thoughts when I saw Madara standing up and Gai was nowhere to be seen. I let out a sob and held Kakashi's hand tightly.

As Madara threw one black sphere to Gai, Naruto kicked it away. So he made it. He then touched Gai's chest for some reason. We were far from them so we couldn't see clearly.

Naruto punched Madara really hard, and they started battling. Naruto threw a different rasenchuriken that looked like it was made of lava and cut the whole tree.

It started falling but then it started to get sucked by something, making it disappear. That didn't seem like a good thing.

I noticed that Kakashi was too tired so I began to give him chakra.

"Thank you." He spoke. When I felt that he had enough chakra, I sat next to him and started saving chakra for the future. Since no one was attacking us, I had time to accumulate enough chakra.

As I was doing it, I felt an enormous presence coming towards us. I opened my eyes and, before I could warn Kakashi, Madara took his eye.

"Oh my god, Kakashi! Are you okay?" I asked, cleaning the blood coming out of his eye. He groaned in response.

Sasuke ran towards Madara and cut him in half although Madara used Kakashi's Sharingan to teleport to the time-space.

Seconds later, Sakura appears behind us. She noticed Kakashi's eye and began to heal it. Then she gasped, realizing something, and explained to us that Madara was going to steal Obito's Rinnegan.

Naruto arrived and asked Sakura to let him heal Kakashi. He walked to him and put his hand on Kakashi's eye. He asked Kakashi to open his eye and now he had both eyes.

The kids started arguing and me and Kakashi stared at them. I turned to look at him and he had a nostalgic look.

"The nostalgia is coming, uh?" I commented, making him chuckle. "Well, if I had gone back sooner, maybe I'd also train them and feel nostalgic. But I feel proud of them anyways." He put his hand on my shoulder and squeezed it.

We finally felt Madara's presence in front of us, along with Obito. He looked at us, showing that he had now both Rinnegan in his eyes.

"Obito!" I called.

"Obito isn't here anymore. I've taken over his body." The black Zetsu informed.

Sakura took a few steps back. I couldn't blame her, those eyes were frightening. Although, she activated her strength of a hundred seal and launched at Madara as the boys followed behind her. Madara hit her with a black stick and as Naruto and Sasuke struck at him.

Something stopped them from hitting Madara, making them go back. Madara started flying to the sky and did something that made some parts of the ground brake and go up, while turning into something similar to asteroids.

Sasuke started destroying them as Naruto fought with Madara's invisible clones. Naruto then came back to where we were and made five beast bombs. He threw them while Sasuke was coming to us. He told us to stay still and his Susano'o covered us.

We couldn't see what was happening outside, we could only hear the ground shaking. Naruto tried to go outside but Sasuke stopped him. He explained that if we go outside we would get stuck in the genjutsu.

After a few minutes of waiting, Sasuke's Susano'o opened its wings, showing us what was happening outside. Not a single noise was heard and it looked like everyone had vanished. The black Zetsu was the only thing with is and was still in the possession of Obito's body.

Madara landed on the ground and declared that he was going to be the only to kill us. As he kept blabbing about how this world was perfect and all, I started to feel suspicion about the black Zetsu. He was quieter than ever which seem really weird to me.

Seconds later, a black hand passed through Madara's heart. He started shrieking and black veins were getting scattered around his body, swelling him up. Chakra came out of the ground, throwing us away.

Naruto and Sasuke went to attack whatever was happening with Madara, only to get trapped by something that looked like white hair. Sakura tried to help them but I stopped her.

Madara's body started shrinking and Obito fell out of it. Madara slowly turned into a really weird and really white lady. According to Naruto and Sasuke, she was Kaguya.

She let Naruto and Sasuke go and immediately attacked them with her hair. They tried their best to cut it but at a certain point, there were too many so they got thrown off.

We got worried about them and almost went to check up on them if it wasn't for Kaguya. Her vibe, her chakra, everything about her was powerful and scary, we didn't dare to move a muscle.

She slowly approached the duo. I looked at Kakashi and it felt like he was going to do something really stupid so I started to internally freak out.

"What are your intentions?" He asked. I slapped his stomach right after.

"Are you fucking crazy?!" I whispered. He gave me a look that said 'What?'.

She explained that we, Shinobi, used chakra carelessly and without knowing its true meaning.

"Let's stop fighting." She said. "Here, that is."

Suddenly the floor disappeared and under us was only lava.

Fuck.

While I was still far from it, I grabbed a small rope that I had in my weapon pouch and tied it around both my wrists.

"Kakashi, throw a kunai at my rope!" I yelled and so he did. I was stuck on the wall, feeling the heat getting warmer and warmer.

I had to do this since I would surely pass out if I stayed too long in this heat. Lava and fire were my biggest weaknesses, unfortunately.

I checked up on everyone. Sasuke was on top of a bird that held Naruto with its claws, Kakashi had Sakura as he was holding onto a scroll that was hanging from the ceiling, stuck by a kunai and Obito had a kunai stabbed into his hand, not letting him fall.

As I made sure everyone was safe, I started to slowly lose consciousness, letting the hotness of the lava win.