Chapter 8

I became a chunin!!

Well Kakashi too but it's my story, not his. Obito didn't make it though, but I'm sure he will pass it next year.

Since I've been in the team, me and Rin became closer and she and Obito too. They would hang out a lot and I was with them most of the time but usually they both talk to each other and I would just watch and stay silent. Yup, I'm a third wheel...

Cool...

Today I couldn't find Obito anywhere and I had been looking for almost an hour. After a while, I saw him sitting on a bench talking to someone...

Rin.

I hid myself so they wouldn't see me and I felt jealousy again. I was sick of it, I should be happy for him, I mean, he's with the girl of his dreams! I sat on the floor and hugged my knees.

"I'm tired of this..."

"Tired of what?"

I looked up and saw the masked boy looking at me with a bored look, like he doesn't care if I'm feeling like this and yet, he still asked.

"It doesn't matter." I answered.

"It's them, right?" He asked, "you're sick of seeing the boy you like with someone else." It was more of an affirmation than a question and it made me wonder if he's felt like that.

"Why do you even care, it's not like you like me or anything."

"Whatever..." He started to leave and I stopped him.

"Wait...Wanna go get ramen with me?" I asked him since I didn't want to be alone after all.

He nodded and we went to Ichiraku. We ordered the ramen and stayed in silence for a while. I wanted to break the ice but I didn't know what to say.

"So... Are you ready for our next mission?" That was the only question that I thought it would be a good way to start a conversation with him.

"Of course I'm ready, or else I would be a terrible ninja." He responded.

'Of course he would say something like that, I mean it's Kakashi, what was I expecting? Well at least he answered and didn't ignore me.'

"Yeah, I guess. I think it's going to be fun, I mean it's a big mission, not one of those 'rescue a cat' type of mission." I smiled to him.

"A mission isn't supposed to be fun, it's supposed to make us better ninja and complete them." He scolded.

'Aaand the mood is ruined.' I thought to myself.

"Yeah, whatever." I started to eat my ramen. It wouldn't matter whatever I'd say, he'd always ruin the mood by saying all those rules and ninja stuff. I mean, I enjoy being a ninja and I follow the rules but I'm not going to tell everyone how a ninja should act when they already know that.

I finished my ramen and decided to go home to prepare myself for the mission.

"Well, see you tomorrow, Kakashi." I left. He didn't say anything.

When I got home, Kushina helped me preparing for my big mission. She was so cool and she made amazing food. If it wasn't for her and Minato, I don't know where I'd be. I was really grateful for them.

"So, (Y/n), when are you going to confess to Obito?" She asked me out of nowhere.

"W-What?? What makes you think I-I..." She just looked at me with a face that said 'you're too obvious'.

"Sweetie, you don't have to hide it. It's so obvious, ya know."

"Umm... How long have you known?" I was so embarrassed.

"Hmm, I think I knew before you knew, if that makes any sense."She giggled and I laughed in embarrassment.

"Well, it doesn't matter anyway, he likes Rin."

"Soo, who cares?! I'm sure you can steal his heart if you do it the right way, ya know? He probably likes you, but doesn't know it yet."

"I'm not sure about that. I mean, he gives her a lot of attention, like, just tell her you like her already" I was getting tired of this subject "What's for dinner?"

"Oh, I don't know, what do you want to eat?" I grinned, "And no, I'm not making ramen, you probably already had that." I frowned.

I chose (random food) and Kushina left to cook while I finished putting some clothes in my bag for tomorrow. After a while, Minato came home and Kushina called us to eat.

Minato told me what we were going to do tomorrow and warned me that it was going to be dangerous so we should be really careful and all. I got kinda scared but we have Minato. He's super strong so I'm sure it's gonna be easy.

I think you all know what's coming... Welp, prepare yourselves, it's gonna be sad as hell.

Till next chapter!