Chapter 22

Author's Note: :) Heeyy I missed y'all

Mia couldn't sit still as she waited for Carlisle to yell at them. She had never seen him this angry, and his anger had never been directed at her. Her leg was bouncing up and down, an anxious tick she had never been quite able to shake.

The vampires scattered around the room were trying to seem nonchalant, but even they couldn't help but to fidget as they waited for their leader to say something.

Carlisle stood in front of his family and noticed the way they divided themselves. He also noticed that the main tension was surrounding Alice who was now separate from everyone else in the house, even Jasper, and Mia who was surrounded on all sides with Peter and Charlotte standing almost directly in front of her as though they were her guards.

He took a deep unnecessary breath and said, "I am only going to ask once, Mia and Alice what is going on? Mia, you first." His gold eyes stared hard at Mia as she took a deep breath.

Carlisle just didn't understand what was happening in his household. He knew that his children masqueraded as teenagers but this was the first time he had seen them act so childishly. What had come over them? But, looking at a visibly nervous Mia and a protective Edward who stood behind her seated form, he already knew the answer.

Love was powerful enough to make the most disciplined vampire act without thinking, and thinking of his lovely Esme he knew that he would do whatever he could to help his son achieve that same happiness. He thought Edward had found his happiness with Mia, he was sure of it even, and then it had all changed so suddenly and gotten more complicated than he could have ever imagined. Carlisle barely refrained from rubbing his temples at the stress his children were causing him, instead he let out a long sigh and turned to Mia to await her explanation.

Locking eyes with Carlisle made Mia feel like crying, she had never meant to cause any problems for him, for any of them. She didn't even want to come here! She knew it would only lead to chaos, but no one ever listens to her.

"I'm sorry Papa C. I promise I wasn't trying to cause any issues. This whole thing started because Alice said that I needed to be here for whatever reason, but she hasn't been very welcoming."

"Oh Please. Get over yourself" Alice hissed from across the room as she glared at Mia. "This isn't about you, this is about Edward messing up his future because he's guilty about you still pining after him. You think we can't see how you look at him? Even while you know he has a girlfriend and doesn't want you anymore. You're pathetic." Alice turned away from Mia and glared at the wall in front of her in silence.

Mia clenched her fists tightly as she fought back the tears that desperately wanted to come out. The words weren't true, she knew that. Edward had been pursuing her, and she had done the right thing in turning him down, but that didn't make it hurt any less. Because if she was honest with herself, she was still pining after him, and despite him breaking her heart, there was a small part of her that always hoped he would come back.

 Alice was cruel but she was telling the truth about one thing, Mia was pathetic. She was pathetic for waiting for someone who had clearly been able to move on while she turned down every guy that even looked in her direction because she was waiting for him.

 But who gave Alice the right to talk to her like that?

"Alice I want you to know something, and let me make myself perfectly clear." Mia turned and locked eyes with the vindictive little pixie. "I do not like you. Never have and I never will. I put up with you out of respect for Jasper but you are out of your fucking mind if you think you're going to talk to me like you're crazy."

Mia walked up to Alice with Peter and Charlotte following closely behind her. Stopping in front of her Mia sneered. "If you don't like me that's fine. Your opinion means less than nothing to me. Call me pathetic all you want, but what's really pathetic is you sitting here thinking that your mediocre visions and opinions hold any weight when it comes to my life. You mean nothing. Your visions don't make you special and they don't make you powerful. I could snap you like a twig, and I don't make idle threats. This will be the last time I say it Alice. Watch. Your. Mouth."

Alice's face was twisted into a scowl as Mia finished speaking and went to sit back down on the couch. Before she could say anything, Jasper cut her off.

"Alice that's enough." Jasper stood with his hand behind his back with a stern look on his face as he stared down at his wife. "Edward what is this about?" He turned to face his brother as his thoughts said Please don't tell me you did what I think you did?

Edward didn't look ashamed as he locked eyes with his brother.

"I broke up with Bella." The collective gasp made Edward want to roll his eyes. For a room full of vampires they were incredibly dramatic.

Mia made sure that her face gave nothing away despite her mind racing with thoughts that she definitely should not be having.

It was a tense silence for a moment following everyone's initial surprise, and then

"Well, that's the best news I've heard all day." The silence was interrupted by Peter's low southern drawl and Charlotte's soft giggle following her husband's words.

Mia giggled as Emmett and Rosalie snickered. "I missed you Peter"

Author's note: Ya girl is back and on a schedule. Updates will be coming every Friday :)