Chapter 23

Author's Note: Heeyy y'all :)

Carlisle's lips quirked up quickly after Peter's statement as he turned to the southern duo.

"Charlotte, Peter, as always glad to have you both back. With all of the commotion It slipped my mind to welcome you." With his last statement he narrowed his eyes in the direction of his children. All of them avoided eye contact until he turned back to Peter with a smile.

"Don't sweat it Carlisle, we've seen worse. We're just here to protect our little Mia." Peter winked at Mia as she flipped him off. He locked eyes with Jasper for just a moment before turning away as Carlisle addressed the room as a whole.

"I understand that there is some animosity within the house." He looked directly at Alice as he said the words. "But there will be no more fighting in this house, we are a family and we will act like it." His tone was serious and left no room for argument. He turned to Edward as he began to speak again.

"Edward I understand that you're allowed to change your mind about your relationships at your discretion." His eyes flashed to Mia for a moment. "But you have allowed a human to know our secret, this isn't something that will just go away in time." Edward nodded at Carlisle's words before speaking.

"I might already have a plan for that." He turned to Mia whose eyes widened as his words registered.

"You're talking about very complicated magic Edward" Mia turned away from him and huffed as he appeared in front of her and kneeled so they could lock eyes.

"I know that but I wouldn't ask if we had another choice. You're the only one who can do this. If you don't we have to kill her" Mia turned away from him again as she tried not to face the truth of his words.

"That's not fair." Mia closed her eyes as she tried to ignore him.

"Life isn't fair Mia, but I need you." Edward pleaded to Mia as he grabbed her hands.

"Uh...not to interrupt but can one of you fill us in on what it is that you're asking Mia to do?" Emmett's voice asked the question everyone else was wondering about.

"Mind magic, it's very complicated and dangerous." Mia glared at Edward as she answered Emmett's question.

"Mia, are you saying that you can somehow manipulate Bella into not revealing our secret?" Carlisle's tone was curious with underlying hope, he desperately hoped Bella wouldn't have to lose her life due to them.

"It's...possible that I can enter her mind and remove certain memories, but it's highly dangerous." Mia said as she saw the hope in Carlisle's eyes. "So many things can go wrong messing with someone's mind. I could wipe her mind on accident, remove crucial memories, or I could lose myself in her mind completely." Mia turned to Edward as she said the last statement. At least he had the decency to look guilty.

"I know I'm asking a lot of you, but you know what our other options are. You can stop that" He stared at her hard as he waited for her rebuttal.

"Don't do that!" Mia stood up as she pointed a finger at him. "Don't put all this pressure on my shoulders to fix what you fucked up! I'm sorry that I'm feeling a little apprehensive about doing something where I could die or go crazy." By this time she was in his face as she jabbed a finger into his chest. It throbbed but she pressed on. "I have to fix your fuck up so don't sit there and try to lecture me on what I have to do just because you decided you wanted to play house. Fuck you." Mia stormed upstairs and closed her door softly. She might be angry, but she wasn't crazy enough to slam any doors in Esme's house.

Downstairs the silence was thick as everyone tried to think of what their next plan of action would be. Peter was the first one to speak.

"So this may come across as insensitive, but why don't y'all just kill her and be done with it. This seems like a bit of a hassle." His words were casual but his eyes were serious.

"We can't do that to Bella, she doesn't deserve that." Edward said, rejecting Peter's suggestion immediately.

"But Mia does?" The quiet words came from Rosalie and they were laced with malice as she glared at her brother. "You broke up with her through a poorly-written note on the morning of her 19th birthday and haven't talked to her since. She comes here and has to see you with the girl you left her for and now you want her to risk her own life for you and Bella. You're a selfish bastard Edward." With one last withering glare at her brother Rosalie raced up the stairs after Mia.

"I'm gonna have to agree with Rose on this one bro. I don't want Bella to die, but you're asking a lot of Mia and you weren't even nice about it." Emmett chimed in as well. Jasper nodded along with his brother's words, although he had no problem killing Bella if it came down to it. Edward sent him a quick glare, clearly hearing his thoughts as Jasper shrugged. He would do what he needed to do to protect his family. He glanced at Alice quickly, whatever he needed to do.

Edward could feel the guilt eating him alive already. He didn't want to risk Mia's life but it was his fault that Bella was even in this position. But Mia was right, mind magic was dangerous, she knew first hand, and it was callous of him to ask so casually without considering her feelings. He closed his eyes and let out a sigh. When was he going to stop fucking things up with her?

And what were they going to do about Bella?

Author's Note: Consistent updating? Who would've thought. Do y'all think Mia is gonna do it? Or should they kill Bella?