Chapter 7

After hearing the roar of that hideous truck pulling away from the house Mia could finally relax. Edward was acting weird, and not I broke your heart, I hate you stay away from me weird. She couldn't make sense of it, sos she would ignore it. Grabbing the controller from Emmett she played against Jasper for a couple hours. Passing the controller to an impatient Emmett she let out a yawn as she relaxed into the sofa.

"Sleepy?" She nodded at Jasper's question, although he couldn't see it, still engrossed in the game.

"Yeah, I think I'm going to call it a night guys." Standing up and stretching she noticed Edward sitting on his piano bench staring at her again. Staring wouldn't make her leave if that's what he's trying to do. He didn't exactly strike fear in her heart.

"Rose can you braid my hair for me?" Giving her puppy dog eyes Mia smiled as Rose agreed with a small sigh. It was all a facade, Rose loved playing in Mia's hair just as much as Mia loved not having to do it herself. "Emmett to my room." Holding out her arms she giggled as he grumbled before flitting over to her and throwing her on his back.

"I'm so glad this day is almost over." Emmett mumbled walking up the stairs with Rosalie at his side who giggled at his words. They are so in love, that must be nice Mia thought. Pushing memories of her failed love story away yet again she focused as she was sat down in front of her door. Looking away as Rose and Emmett kissed as if they wouldn't still be in the same house. Rolling her eyes at her own bitter thoughts she headed inside and gathered her supplies for Rose to do her hair. Heading into the bathroom she changed into her pajamas and let her hair down from the bun she had placed it in earlier. Rubbing her scalp she let out a sigh of relief at the sensation. Leaving the bathroom she saw Rose sitting on her bed waiting for her.

"Let's do this." Armed with a spray bottle, a wide tooth comb and curling cream Rose made quick work of Mia's hair. As she watched her tie it up in the mirror, she asked the question that had been on her mind all day. "How are you coping? Honestly, being around him now?" Mia turned to look at her and waved her hand over the crystals still in place by her door. Only after they gave off a soft glow to show that they were still active did she open her mouth.

"It's hard, I'm not going to lie about that. As much as I wished I didn't I still love him." She gave Rose a sad smile. "I'll be fine though, as long as him and his annoyingly jealous girlfriend stay away from me." Opening her arms she took comfort in Rose's hug before saying goodnight.

Turning out her light she got comfortable in her bed before closing her eyes. She hoped that her spell would hold and stop her thoughts from getting out as well. She couldn't keep her mind protected in her sleep, and the last thing she needed was Edward to know just how often he appeared in her dreams. Sighing quietly she realized that he would probably be the star of the show considering they actually interacted today. Saying a small prayer she allowed herself to succumb to dark embrace of sleep.

Mia was laughing at Emmett as usual. He was losing to Jasper in some video game and was of course throwing a hissy fit about it.

"You have to learn to not be such a sore loser babe." Rose was sitting on the couch also laughing at her husband who had now handed off the controller to Carlisle who Mia had convinced to at least try the violent game.

"WOO! Let's go Papa C. Game over now Jasper." Shooting Carlisle a thumbs up that was returned with an amused smile she heard a chuckle behind her.

"Carlisle appreciates your faith in him love." Feeling a cold kiss on the side of her neck Mia turned to Edward who's lap she was sitting in. Leaning in for a kiss he gave her what was supposed to be a small peck but quickly turned into a passionate kiss. Feeling Edward slip his tongue into her mouth Mia's hand latched onto his hair and pulled, drawing a small growl out of him.

"Gross! Get a room you two." The annoying voice of Alice Cullen pulled Mia from her Edward flavored bliss. Pulling away slowly she turned towards the pixie who had a fake innocent look on her face. Mia rolled her eyes at Alice, she just rubbed her the wrong way.

"Don't be Jealous Alice. Did you win Papa C?" Mia learned quickly that ignoring Alice was the best course of action, either that or she would kill her. She felt Edward tighten his grip on her as he heard her stray thought. It's only a thought, a nice one though she teased back in her mind. She felt and heard his chuckle as he kissed her cheek and intertwined their fingers.

"This game is barbaric, and senselessly violent. I truly don't see the appeal." Handing the controller back to Emmett he got up and headed towards the kitchen where Esme was making dinner. Mia struggled to keep a straight face as Jasper mouthed to her that Carlisle got his ass whooped by Jasper. Watching Emmett and Jasper resume the game she could feel Edward's hand trying to creep under her shirt. She smacked it away with a playful smirk on her face.

"Let's go upstairs until dinner is ready, I have something I want to show you baby." She smiled as she stood up and grabbed his hand. I bet you do Mia thought knowing he would hear. He always called her baby to get his way, and she melted everytime, it disgusted her but God she loved him. "I love you more." Pulling her into another deep kiss he quickly led them to his room.

"Mia, I've made breakfast for you whenever you're ready." Mia woke to Esme's voice before hearing her retreat back downstairs. Lying there for a moment Mia thought about the dream/memory she just had. She hated them, they always reminded her of how good things were, if she could erase her own memory without the risk of brain damage she would. Still she couldn't ignore how her heart had yet to slow down or the slight wetness between her thighs. Getting up quickly she put all thoughts of the dream out of her head. Dwelling on the past can only bring heartache, so she wouldn't. Getting ready quickly she made sure the wall in her mind was still in place before heading downstairs.

Author's Note: So you get some insight on Mia and Edward's past relationship as well as more interactions with the family(Which I love writing btw) Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Until next time :)