Chapter 6

Author's Note: Edward's P.O.V. this chapter

She still looked just as beautiful as the last time I saw her, no that was a lie, she looked better. She wouldn't even look at him whenever he was in the room, not that he could blame her. He was selfish though, and he wanted her attention, and he was going to get it. Moving quickly he stood behind her silently for a moment before speaking.

"Do you need some help cleaning up Mom?" Although his question was directed at Esme he was watching Mia's reaction. He watched her form stiffen as she realized how close he was. He sighed silently as he remembered when his voice brought her nothing but comfort, now it was the exact opposite. He had nobody to blame for that but himself he supposed. Reaching over her shoulder for her plate he inhaled, he doubted she would allow him this close again. He could feel his whole body relax as her unique scent washed over him. She smelled like honey and sin, so soft and sweet, he missed her.

He could feel his body reacting to her scent as it traveled down to the tent that was forming in his pants, it had been almost a year... He was startled out of his thoughts as Mia quickly stood from the table and exited the kitchen without so much as a glance in his direction. Noticing Bella's eyes on him he quickly walked over to her and grabbed her empty plate as well. As he walked towards the sink he quickly adjusted himself before Bella or Esme could notice his dilemma.

"Edward I'm ready to go home." He could hear the underlying steel in her voice and knew that she was angry with him. He rolled his eyes at the thought, this day was already hard enough now he had to listen to Bella complain all the way back to her house. Putting a smile on his face he turned to face her.

"Of course love, let's go." Grabbing her hand he guided her through the living room where everyone was watching Jasper and Emmett play some fighting game. He noted that everyone was there except Carlisle-who was working overnight, and Alice, he couldn't hear her anywhere in the house so he figured she must be hunting. Shrugging the thought away he helped Bella into her jacket all the while delighted at the absence of the burn in his throat. Mia never ceased to amaze him, even when she...hated him. The thought froze him for a second as pain clenched his dead heart. He noticed Emmett taking the lead in the game, a result of Jasper's response to his emotions no doubt. His thought was confirmed as Jasper's eyes flickered to him for a second.

Dismissing his concerns with a small shake of his head he quickly led Bella outside to her truck. He grimaced, he hated driving the monster, but he was out hunting when she said that she wanted to come over. Thinking about the incidents of this morning led his thoughts back to Mia of course. He climbed gracefully into the driver's seat of the monstrosity after helping Bella in. His thoughts never strayed far from Mia whenever she was around, or not around. That's the way it had been since he met her. She captivated him wholeheartedly, she was his everything...

"Why didn't you tell me you had a girlfriend before?" Jerking him out of his thoughts he was brought back to the present. Bella was his girlfriend now, he saw their future together and he needed to remember that. It was the whole reason they had moved to Forks, so he could be happy with his...soulmate. Alice's voice in his head made him tighten his grip on the steering wheel, she was right, he saw the vision himself. He looked toward Bella for a moment.

"You never asked." He ignored her scoff. "I'm over 100 years old Bella, it would be ridiculous to think that I've spent all those years alone." He would leave out the fact that he had in fact spent most of that time alone before he met Mia.

"I don't like her. She's going to try to take you from me." He could hear the concern in her voice, turning toward her as he pulled into her driveway he took her hands in his.

"You have nothing to worry about Bella, I can guarantee that's not Mia's intention." Technically he wasn't lying, he was sure that Mia wanted nothing to do with him, he just couldn't say the same. Promising to be in her room later Edward gave Bella a chaste kiss on the forehead and ran home trying to shake away thoughts of Mia the entire time.

Author's Note: So this was a short one, but I wanted to give you guys a little peek into Edward's brain. What do you think? Let me know, see you on the next one :)