Chapter 5

Mia could feel everyone's stare on her back as she walked out of the front door with Bella following closely behind. They walked for a few minutes until they were about half a mile from the house. Everyone inside could still hear of course, but it gave them the semblance of privacy. Mia turned towards Bella just as she opened her mouth to speak.

"So you're a witch?" Mia just nodded in response, if this was the line of questioning they could have stayed in the living room. "Why did you come back?" Ah, there it is.

"Didn't your best friend Alice tell you? She saw it so here I am, because for some reason the Cullens treat her as if she's all knowing." Mia rolled her eyes, she knew of people with the sight who's visions were much more concrete than that demon's. People who's vision's didn't change because someone decided to wear a different jacket, but whatever.

"When are you leaving?" Mia's brow furrowed. Was she stupid?

"That would once again be something that Alice would know. Seeing the future, however limited, isn't within my range of power." She was getting tired of this conversation, she didn't like this girl. Yes that's her bitterness talking, but so what. They don't have to be best friends.

"Then what do you know?" Bella looked frustrated, well she could join the club. Being here wasn't easy for her either.

"I know that I didn't come here to steal him away from you." She watched as Bella's eyes widened. "That's what this is about no matter how much you dance around it. I'm not here to break you up or whatever. I'm here for my friends, so you have nothing to worry about." Mia turned to walk back towards the house, she was over this conversation.

"Do you still love him?" The question stopped her in her tracks. Turning back towards the brunette, Mia could see the desperation swimming in her eyes. She already knew she wouldn't like her answer.

"I'm sorry." At her words she watched Bella's brown eyes harden and with a determined nod she stalked past Mia, bumping her shoulder on the way. A couple of meters away she stopped, but didn't turn to face Mia.

"I hope you know the feeling isn't mutual. He's never even mentioned you." With those final words Bella walked back towards the house, never stopping to check if Mia had followed.

Mia clenched her teeth against the pain that the truthful words caused. She took a deep breath and shoved all of the hurt into the box in the corner of her mind that she reserved just for him. She was stronger than this, and she wouldn't let the words of an insecure girlfriend break her.

Walking back into the house she was immediately flanked by Rosalie and Jasper, the former sending Bella a withering glare. Glancing at the couple Mia raised an eyebrow at Bella's new seat one Edward's lap. A seating arrangement clearly meant to stake a claim, but was undermined by the uncomfortable look on his face. How strange, it was never a problem when she... Mia shook the thought out of her head before it could fully form. It would do no good to dwell, he wasn't hers to think about anymore. Sitting down next to Emmett and picking up a controller she allowed the mind numbing fighting game to drive those thoughts out of her mind.

Unknowingly giving a certain copper-haired vampire to steal covert glances at her for the next hour without her notice.

Mia felt like it had only been minutes when the tantalising scent of bacon hit her nose. Standing quickly she tossed the controller to Jasper who began to play without missing a beat. "Emmett, kitchen please." Ignoring his grumbling as he paused the game she held out her arms and was swiftly scooped up and deposited on a stool in the kitchen by the large vampire. He was gone before she could blink and the sounds of the fighting game covered her shouted thanks.

"Here you are sweetie, 2 belgian waffles, with a side of bacon and eggs." Thanking Esme, Mia quickly dug into her food, moaning quietly in delight. Nobody made waffles as good as Esme Cullen, and she doubted anybody could come close.

"Esme you should have told me you were cooking, I would've helped." At the sound of Bella's voice Mia had to refrain from rolling her eyes. Instead she took another bite of her waffle moaning again at the fluffy syrup covered goodness. Mia watched as Esme fixed Bella a plate and sat it in front of her at the opposite end of the Island. Edward was there, of course, standing in the corner with his eyes flickering between her and Bella. What a weirdo, Mia thought to herself. She pondered opening her mind for just a moment, if only to insult him. Taking her last bite of bacon, Mia downed the rest of her milk and sat back to rub her full belly. That was a well needed meal.

"Do you need some help cleaning up Mom?" The question came from directly behind her and she jumped slightly at the proximity. She watched as his arm reached over shoulder to grab her empty plate and glass silently. She thought she heard a brief inhale, but quickly shooed the thought away. Licking away any leftover syrup from her lips Mia quickly stood, thanking Esme for the meal once again and practically ran back into the living room.

Author's Note: I was thinking maybe we see Edward's point of view next chapter. He's acting kind of strange don't you think?? Leave a comment and let me know what you guys think of the chapter :)