Chapter 12

Mia sighed as she got off the phone, the conversation had made her feel better, but only temporarily. Her stomach grumbled reminding her that she hadn't eaten in hours, closing her eyes briefly she prayed that she could get her food and make it back to her room without an incident.

Walking toward her door she opened it, and slammed it closed immediately.

"Mia, please. We really need to talk." Edward pleaded although his voice seemed strained. He almost sounded angry. Mia's brows furrowed in confusion she had done nothing to invoke his anger. Sighing quietly she opened the door and ushered him in.

"1 minute. I really am not in the mood." Rubbing her temples Mia tried to stop the headache she knew was bound to come.

"Who were you on the phone with?" Mia's eyes snapped to his as she waved her hand over the crystals by her door. The reassuring heat only confuses her more, how did he?

"I heard you say hello before you went into your room. Who was it?" Edward's face was hard, and that just made her want to punch him. Who did he think he was?

"Oh the person that called the phone that I pay for? None of your business. You can leave now." Standing by the still open door Mia gestured toward it with a smile.

"Just answer the question and I'll leave Mia." Edward was pacing the length of the room as he said the words.

"Oh no, you're going to leave regardless. Bye now." Mia held her hand out toward him as heat flowed through her palm. Edward couldn't move as he was moved out of the room until he stood just on the other side of the door.

"Mi-" Whatever he was going to say was promptly cut off as Mia slammed the door in his face.

Letting out a deep sigh Mia leaned against the door and closed her eyes. She needed to get the fuck out of Forks. Looking around her room she felt like something was missing now, but couldn't place her finger on it. Walking deeper into the room she couldn't help but inhale more frequently as the scent Edward's cologne lingered in the room. How much more pathetic could she get? Mia wondered to herself, still inhaling deeply.

"Focus dummy, what's missing?" She couldn't shake the feeling that something was missing, but nothing was coming to her. 

Everything looked the same, so she would leave it alone for now. Shrugging her shoulders Mia contemplated spraying some perfume in the air just to get rid of the lingering scent. Thinking about it for a moment, she decided against it. "This is the closest I'm going to get, I might as well enjoy it. Stupid bastard, smelling delicious." Deciding to enjoy the scent in secret for just a little bit Mia laid down on her bed and closed her eyes as Edward's scent swarmed around her.

Edward smirked on the other side of the door as he listened intently tucking a small crystal into his pocket. Heading back upstairs he felt like singing, she wasn't as unaffected by him as she claimed. Now if only he could find a way into her mind, that would be no easy feat as she only allowed her mental block to drop when she was distracted enough. Or comfortable, she used to always be comfortable around him...Maybe he could-

"Hey, where'd you go?" Bella was sitting on the couch peering up at him curiously.

"Carlisle needed my opinion on something in one of his medical journals." The lie rolled off his tongue effortlessly, he couldn't pinpoint it but his feelings for Bella were becoming more and more... subdued. Without the pull of her blood calling him to her he couldn't bring himself to care deeply for her. That was wrong though right? How could he be doing mating wrong? His ringing phone only brought a sigh out of him. Without even looking at the caller ID he answered.

"Yes Alice?"

Author's Note: Short one this time cuz I'm writing this at work, but enjoy :) Tell me what you think is gonna happen now that Edward can hear Mia in her room.