Chapter 3

Author's note: The music for this chapter is One of Them Days by Kiana Lede

Girlfriend. Girlfriend. The word kept floating around in her head as she stared at him. Was this why she was here? So he could twist the knife even deeper into her heart. Feeling a cold hand on her shoulder she looked into the sympathetic eyes that belonged to Jasper. The pain in her heart only increased as she looked at the faces around her, all with varying degrees of guilt aside from Alice who was smiling from ear to ear, and Bella who looked just as confused as she felt. Clearly she hadn't been told about her either.

"You all knew." It was a whisper, she barely felt the words leave her mouth, but she knew they all heard her. Blinking hard she looked at the brunette that was still staring at her. Swallowing her bitterness, she held out her hand. "Hi Bella, nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too." She could see the questions swirling around in the girl's eyes, but turned toward her traitor best friends before she could voice them. Mia clenched her fists as she tried to control the heat that wanted to escape from her fingertips, she didn't know how much Bella knew.

"Rose, Jasper show me to my room. We need to talk." Nodding mutely Jasper picked up her discarded suitcases and led the way to her room, on the third floor. God, they needed an elevator. Finally reaching her room, she closed the door and stared them down.

"We're sorry. We-" Mia held her hand up halting Rose's sorry ass apology before it could begin. Reaching into the front pocket of her suitcase she pulled out two small crystals and set them on either side of the door. Waving her hand over them she mumbled under her breath in what sounded like latin to the silent vampires. Watching as the crystals glowed showing that no one else would be able to hear, Mia whirled around with fire in her eyes.

"Why wouldn't you tell me?" It was a fierce whisper and she watched as they flinched in response.

"We were going to tell you when it first happened, but you were getting over him and we just didn't want to open old wounds. We were just trying to protect you sweetheart." She stepped back as Jasper reached for her. She could see the hurt in his eyes at her actions, but that was nothing compared to betrayal and hurt she felt.

"And this was better? I was completely blindsided! I looked like a fool out there, and I bet he just loved it. Well you failed guys, the wounds are open and they hurt." What had started as yelling was a whisper by the end, her voice thick with tears.

"Oh Mia we're sorry ok. We were stupid to think you would never find out. We just wanted to avoid this." She felt their arms wrap around her as she crumpled to the floor and let the tears fall, so much like that night almost a year ago. She sat there and cried silently while her best friends held her and rubbed her back until she pulled herself together.

Wiping at her eyes, she stood up still under the watchful eyes of her friends. They watched as she walked into the bathroom and closed the door. They could hear the faucet running and Mia moving around. After a few minutes they heard the water cut off, and watched as the door opened and Mia stepped out. She looked better and had put her curly hair in a bun on her head. Her eyes were still slightly red, but you wouldn't notice if you weren't looking for it.

"I'm still mad at both of you, and everybody else in this fucking family that I talked to every week and never said a word. It's still fuck both of y'all, but I refuse to give Edward or Alice the satisfaction of hiding in my room." Mia plastered a fake smile on her face. "So we're going to go downstairs and act like everything is fine and dandy ok?" At their reluctant nods she headed towards the door, removing the crystals on her way. "Oh." She stopped and turned towards the pair of twins that were still looking sullen. "And make sure to smile guys. It's showtime."