Chapter 18

Author's Note: Y'all miss me? I missed y'all

Walking away from him was one of the hardest things Mia ever had to do. Here was the love of her life offering himself to her on a platter, but she had to walk away. Why?

Bella. Her face turned up in a sneer at the thought, that's why. Edward had somebody else now, and clearly he wasn't who she thought he was if he was willing to play with her on the side while still being with Bella.

Was he with someone else while we were together? Mia tried to ignore the thought, it was ridiculous to think that he would do that to her. She was his first everything, he assured her of that before they were ever intimate. Of course, he had proven himself to be a very good liar.

"I would never lie to you about that." Mia's mental barrier went up quickly at the sound of his voice behind her.

"Stay out of my head Edward." Mia's voice was steel, but she was glad he was facing away from her, so he couldn't see the tears in her eyes.

"I'm trying, but your thoughts are screaming at me Mia, you know they're always louder than everyone else's." Edward wanted to approach her but thought better of it.

"I just don't understand why Edward? Why do you feel the need to keep stringing me along? I know we're not meant to be. You made sure of that." Mia tilted her head toward the ceiling to keep her tears from falling as she thought about waking up alone to a note saying why he left, why their family left, and why she couldn't come.

"What if I was wrong? Would that change anything between us?" Edward winced as he heard her scoff, he knew that he wouldn't like what she had to say next.

"Too little, too late. We're done Edward, I know that and I think you know that too." Mia turned around just as the rumbling noises of Bella's truck became clear to her. She sighed as she walked up to him. Giving him a brief kiss on the cheek she said: "You deserve your happily ever after, it's just not with me." Mia turned and went upstairs quickly before he could reply.

Edward wanted to murder Alice, but he had to play his part. Even as his heart broke.

Turning toward the door he pasted a fake smile on as his 'sister' and girlfriend walked through the door.

Walking into Jasper's office it was clear that they had been talking about her as they all became quiet when she entered. Mia rolled her eyes at her pseudo-siblings.

"I'm fine guys. I've dealt with heartbreak for months now, I'm okay." She wasn't, and they all knew it but it had to be ignored for now. They had more pressing issues to attend to.

"We will be talking about this later." Jasper gave her a pointed look until she nodded in agreement.

"What's the plan?" Mia directed her question toward Jasper knowing he placed himself in charge of her safety.

"You will be moving to the second floor where everyone will be nearby." Mia rolled her eyes but nodded knowing it was the safest option.

"Alice said that we'll be playing baseball on Wednesday, and you'll accompany us. It's too dangerous to leave you here alone." Jasper ignored the sound of Mia smacking her lips in protest.

"vampire baseball is boring! Stupid killer vamps" Mia mumbled to herself but nodded in acceptance. "Anything else?"

"Uh...yeah...about that..." Jasper looked toward Emmett as he began to avoid her eyes.

Turning toward Emmett Mia watched as he began to rub the back of his neck.

"Well...you see...youneedtoquityourjob." Emmett finished his sentence quickly before looking up at Mia.

"What? Say that again but in human." Mia crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow at her brother.

"I said that... we think it would be best if you quit your job." Mia's head snapped toward Jasper, knowing that this was his idea. She glared at him as she waited for an explanation

"It's too dangerous Mia, somebody is trying to kill you." Jasper had his hands up pleadingly but his tone was serious. Mia sighed.

"What if I just worked weekends? That way you could come with me. Pleeeease" Mia pouted at Jasper until he looked away and sighed. She smirked in victory.

"Fine. But only if one of us can go with you. Never alone." Mia rolled her eyes again, she wasn't helpless.

"Okay. Does this mean that we're going to start training again?" Mia began to bounce in place as she asked the question.

"Yes, in hindsight we should've never stopped." Jasper rubbed his chin as he thought before coming to a decision. "We can start right now actually, the sooner the better." Mia nodded quickly as she ran to change.

Jasper quickly went downstairs where he saw a happy Alice and Bella sitting next to a fake happy Edward. Jasper sighed, he'd be glad when this shit was over.

"Alice we're going to training with Mia in the back, and I would love if you could spar with her for a few rounds. Just so I can see her technique."

Alice nodded reluctantly and pressed a soft kiss to his lips. As she headed toward the backyard Jasper had to fight against his urge to smile.

Turning toward Edward and Bella, he smirked. "Do y'all want to watch?"

Author's Note: Sooo...don't be mad at me. This chapter has been finished for like 3 weeks but I forgot about it. But it's here now :) I promise the next chapter will be here before May lol