Chapter 11

Author's Note: I'm back frfr now. Thank you all for the birthday wishes btw. Enjoy the chapter :)

Not even 2 minutes later Mia noticed the silver car trailing her in her rear view mirror. "Of course we're going to the same place." Mia muttered to herself barely holding in her scream of frustration. She couldn't get away from them, just dangling their love in her face. Mia's hands gripped the steering wheel tight as she fought off the heat wanting to overtake her body.

Arriving home, she pulled into the garage and practically flew into the house as she tried to escape the duo following her.
"Mia, how was your outing?" Esme was sitting in the living room along with Carlisle who was having a quiet discussion with Jasper and Alice.

"Great! I got a job." She sat on the arm of the sofa closest to Esme as she accepted everyone's congratulations.

"Where are you going to be working dear?" Esme asked and everyone looked at her for an answer, including the two annoying people that had quietly stepped into the room.

"At a bookstore not to far from here, it's run by some lady and her son. They seem nice." She shrugged, ignoring the scoff that left Edwards mouth after she finished her sentence. Determined to ignore him she listened as Esme talked about the progress her rose bushes were making, not much considering it was March.

Edward was annoyed, Mia was just sitting there acting like she wasn't flirting with that imbecile Tyler. "Nice, I bet he's real nice." Edward mumbled quietly to himself even though all the vampires in the room heard his bitter whisper. He grabbed Bella's hand as Alice shot him a sharp glare.

"Are you going to be going to school with us Mia?" He tried not to look uncomfortable as Bella forced her way onto his lap as she asked Mia a question. He saw Mia's eyes flash with hurt briefly before she looked away from him. He tried to ignore the urge to rub his chest as it throbbed.

"No. I have no interest in going back to highschool." Mia's answer was curt and she turned back toward Esme as she finished speaking, a clear dismissal that Bella ignored.

"So how old are you exactly?" Bella's tone was condescending, but Mia refused to rise to the bait.

"I'll be 19 in May." As Bella opened her mouth to make another uncalled for comment Edward quickly distracted her as he began to lead her toward his room. Watching Bella walk up the stairs, he made his way over to Mia quickly, ignoring the glares from Alice and Jasper both given for different reasons.

"Could we talk later? Please" Staring in her eyes he hopes she can see the desperation in his. He always loved her eyes, so dark and beautiful, he always joked that he could get lost in the abyss of her eyes and just stay there forever. Forever...why weren't they forever? She was...

"Edward! Isn't Bella waiting for you?" Alice interrupted his thoughts as he broke eye contact with Mia. Nodding absentmindedly he looked back at Mia who was now avoiding all eye contact. What was that? Everything felt so normal for a second, like it was before. Mia cut off his pondering as she shook her head without even glancing at him again.

"Mia please, I just need to explain a few things." Looking to Carlisle for help he watched as Carlisle shook his head with his lips in a firm line. He was clearly going to make Edward do this on his own.

"You've explained enough. Go, I'm sure Bella's getting impatient." Edward could hear the jealousy in her voice even as she tried to hide it. Watching her eyes flash with the bitter emotion made him take a step closer to her. Her jealousy always led to him reminding her that he was hers, he felt his dick twitch slightly as he eyed the sliver of flesh showing between her crop top and jeans. Her skin always tasted so good, he took another step.

"Edward! Bella is waiting." Alice flashed in front of him and he had to fight to hold back a growl. Why would she get in the way of his...Mia. But she wasn't his anymore. He blinked down at Alice as he tried to figure out how he had forgotten about Bella that quickly, clearly Mia and him had to resolve this friendship issue sooner rather than later. He wouldn't last long like this. This time nodding at Alice determindley he headed up the stairs, ignoring the urge to look back at Mia.

Mia ignored the ache in her chest as she watched him walk away from her. Turning toward Jasper she asked about Peter and Charlotte, surely they already knew she was here.

"Well I haven't spoken to them in a few months." Jasper rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly his blonde curls falling into his face as he looked at the ground prepared for the scolding that was sure to come.

"Why not? I leave and everything falls apart." Mia felt like throwing her hands up in exasperation, what was wrong with this family without her?

"We've been dealing with a lot. Edward and the move. I just thought it was best that Jasper focused on his family right now." Alice answered her question. Of course it was her, Mia rolled her eyes before turning to Jasper.

"Peter and Charlotte are your family. They were your family long before you became Jasper Hale. Call them, because the Jasper Whitlock that I know wouldn't ignore 2 of the most important people in his life because he moved." Mia got up and quickly retreated to her room. This whole day was pissing her off, and she just needed to be alone. Feeling her phone vibrate in her pocket her eyes lit up as she read the name on her screen. Answering quickly she walked toward her room as she made it upstairs.

"Hey babe. I miss you." Closing the door quickly Mia was unaware of the now frowning vampire that was desperately trying to listen through her magic as she shut her door. Who was she talking to?

Author's Note: Who is Mia talking to guys? Idk because I haven't written it yet, but I bet it's good. Anyway I've got my life together now, so you should see me again sometime this weekend. See you then :)