Chapter 9

Author's Note: We back ya'll. This story will contain sexual content just so ya'll know. Nothing explicit in this chapter, but we will get there. You've been warned.

Carlisle's office was usually a place of comfort for Edward, but as he pointed to the chair in front of his desk it felt like an interrogation room.

"Edward what was that?" Carlisle stared him down as he sat across from him, his golden eyes abnormally stern.

"I-I don't know. I was just trying to apologize but I couldn't get the words out." As Edward explained the pain in his chest when Mia said she hated him and how he felt like he had to do anything, say anything to gain her forgiveness, he watched Carlisle get increasingly alarmed.

"Edward...if this is what I think it is, this is not good." Carlisle rose from his chair and began to pace the length of the room his thoughts moving to fast for Edward to pick up.

"What do you mean? It's normal isn't it, just a result of the way we ended things." Edward frowned at Carlisle, what was the big deal? This is the conclusion he had always come to when he thought about the aching pain in his chest. His frown deepened as he realised the ache had been absent while around Mia until their argument. So it was her friendship that he needed, with a determined nod to himself at his thoughts he looked at a still pacing Carlisle. "I realize the situation now Carlisle, I wasn't being honest with myself about my relationship with Mia." Carlisle's eyes snapped to him as he uttered the words.

"Well I'm glad that you realized it son, but Bella-" Edward cut him off before he could finish.

"Bella will understand, I need Mia's friendship in my life. It's not like she's very keen on me right now anyway, so Bella will have time to come to terms with it." Carlisle looked confused now.

"Friends?" His question an echo of his thoughts. Edward sent him a smile and nodded. Explaining that the throb in his chest was from the absence of Mia, and he realized that now. Carlisle opened his mouth again. "Yes, but she's-" Edward could no longer hear Carlisle as he was pulled into a memory that was not his own.

Mia was laughing as she hid behind Edward, clutching his shirt as she peered over his shoulder at the angry vampire staring her down.

"This isn't funny you menace, you're lucky Edward's here to protect you." Jasper stood there with his arms crossed, eyes shooting lasers at her, and pink hair. If looks could kill she would've been dead the minute he came downstairs. Mia let out another giggle at his attempt to look stern while sporting his new look.

"It's hilarious actually, Mr. big bad vampire didn't smell the dye in his shampoo." Mia's laugh was cut short as she was scooped up by Edward and standing in his room before she could blink. Confused she looked at him, her question loud in her mind.

"Let's just let him cool off for now, he was going to try to make a run for you." Edward wrapped his cold arms around her waist as he brought her closer to his body with a smile on his face.

"Right my man had to protect me." Hearing Edward agree she laughed as she wrapped her arms around his neck and lifted herself onto her toes. Edward leaned down and gave her the soft kiss that she was silently requesting. As he pulled back Mia noticed how serious his eyes looked at her, flitting over every feature before meeting her brown eyes.

"I love you." He said it as if it was a fact. Mia blinked, she was surprised, but she didn't hesitate as she said,

"I love you too." The words slipped off her tongue as if she had been saying them her whole life. Her world spun again as she found herself on her back in Edward's bed with him hovering over her.

"Forever?" Edward's eyes were vulnerable as he asked the question, only making Mia's heart swell even more.

"Forever." She confirmed with a wide smile. Edward kissed her deeply, his tongue snaking its way into her mouth as his hand crept under her dress and towards the source of warmth between her thighs...

Edward was pulled out of Mia's thoughts by his phone ringing. Looking around he noticed Carlisle was no longer in the room, which was good given the situation that was now pressing against the front of his pants. He sighed as he pulled the phone out of his pocket, and answered.

"Aren't you supposed to be hunting Alice?" Edward was confused on why she was calling when she should be spending time with her mate.

"I got a vision Edward, why aren't you at Bella's?" Alice's voice sounded demanding. Edward furrowed his brow at the question, why was that her business?

"I had other things to do first, why did something happen to Bella?" Edward was alert now, he would never forgive himself if something happened to his...mate. Ignoring the ache in his chest at the thought he focused as Alice began speaking once more.

"No, but I was watching her future, and noticed you weren't with her when she woke up. I thought something happened." Edward was confused again.

"I thought you had a vision?" For some reason Edward felt wary of Alice right now, he wanted to reach out and listen to Mia's thoughts again, she was sleeping and this was the only time he could hear her.

"I did, of Bella alone. That's why I called, she looked heartbroken that you weren't there" Edward sighed as he assured Alice he would make his way to Bella soon. Hanging up the phone he ran his fingers through his hair. He resolved to speak to Mia again later on in the day, he had a lot of making up to do if he wanted her friendship. Ignoring the relentless erection as he thought about her memory again, his own memory of the moment. Her smell, her taste, she was so warm, so wet for him...

Shaking the thoughts away he made a note to feed after checking on Bella, he always became more primal when he hadn't hunted in a while. Ignoring the voice in the back of his that reminded him he had hunted the day before he shook his thoughts out of his mind, and headed towards Forks.

Author's Note: Our poor stupid Eddie, and Alice...Do you think her vision was of Bella or something else? I love hearing your theories, so leave a comment and let me know :) See you on the next one.