Chapter 24

Author's note: Depression been whooping me this week so this chapter might not be the best :(

"I have a great idea!" Alice turned to Edward with a glare on her face. "How about you tell Bella you made a mistake and then get back with her! She's your mate Edward, you're making a mistake." Her mind quickly shuffled through the visions she had of Bella as a vampire and Edward right beside her as she looked at her brother.

"I don't think I'm making a mistake Alice! My feelings changed and so can your visions." Edward had to bite his tongue to keep from blurting out the truth to the family, but he knew they had to be prepared first. Clearly Alice had something up her sleeve.

"Ugh! I can't believe you're breaking her heart, you're so selfish! I'm gonna go check on her." Before anyone could respond Alice was out the door running in the direction of Bella's house.

Jasper gave a barely noticeable nod and Peter ran out of the door without a word.

Edward sighed as Jasper thought "Peter will follow and only intervene if necessary. You've sped up our plans by a lot but you need to tell Mia what we know NOW. We're going to need her help."

He looked toward the stairs and wondered if he could find a way to rewind time.

Rose held Mia tightly as she cried. She really hated her brother sometimes, how could he hurt someone like Mia?

"I'm scared Rosie." Mia whispered without looking up at her friend.

Rosalie tightened her arms around Mia and said "You don't have to be scared. We'll find another way."

"We both know what another way would be." Mia gave a weak chuckle. " And we both know that I'm not gonna just let her die when I know I can stop it." She wiped her tears as she pulled back to make eye contact with Rosalie.

"But what if you die? You don't have to put other people before you. You don't have to put him before you." Rose spoke her thoughts. Edward really didn't deserve her.

Mia chuckled as her eyes glossed over with tears once again. "But don't I? I'm in love. Love equals sacrifice." She shrugged.

"Absolutely not!" Rose shook her head rapidly. "Love equals compromise, communication and most importantly, happiness. None of which you're getting from that asshole downstairs."

Mia knew she was right, but she also knew that she couldn't stand aside and let Bella die without trying. "I guess it must be genetic huh? Apple and the tree and all that." She held in a sob as she thought about her mother.

Her mother who died doing the same thing that she was going to attempt.

Rosalie grabbed her hands. "You will be fine. I'll make sure of it." They both knew she couldn't but it sounded nice.

Mia looked up swiftly as a knock came to her door, thankful that she had remembered to silence her room before her breakdown. She stiffened as Edward's voice came from the hallway.

"Mia, can I talk to you please? It's important." Edward knew if it could, his heart would be beating out of his chest as he waited for her reply.

Mia wiped her face quickly as she raced toward the bathroom. "Keep him out for 5 minutes." Rose sighed as she got up, she was against it but she knew she couldn't stop Mia. She glared at Edward as she opened the door, she could, however, insult her terrible, arrogant, selfish bastard of a brother uncomfortable.

"Love you too Rose. Me and Mia need to talk." Edward tried to push past his sister but her arm shot out to block him as she pushed him backwards, stepping forward and closing the door behind her.

"And you will talk. In five minutes." Rose glared at him.

And continued to glare at him for five minutes while insulting him in her mind.

Mia walked toward the door, took a deep breath and opened it.

"Uh, Edward? You wanted to talk?" She ignored the tension between the siblings, she was trying to focus on slowing her heart rate down. She needed to stay calm for this.

This could be the last conversation they had.

Author's note: I haven't gone to sleep yet so technically I still uploaded on Friday. What y'all think about Mia's decision?