Chapter 21

Author's Note: Life is hard sometimes. Sorry I went MIA y'all. This one is gonna be short just so I can get back into the rhythm of everything. Sorry again :(

Bella's head snapped towards him so fast Edward was surprised it didn't snap.

"You think we should what?" She was already shaking her head and he knew this conversation wasn't going to be as easy as he'd hoped.

"I think we should break-up Bella. We just aren't working anymore." He pulled his hand away as she reached to grab it. He didn't need Jasper to feel the desperation that was welling up inside of Bella as she reached for him again.

"What are you talking about? Of course, we're working. I love you, you're it for me. What- Why are you doing this?" Edward sighed as he felt the guilt of bringing her into this world when she never had a place in it.

"No Bella, we're not working. I know this is going to hurt you but I don't love you. I don't think I ever did. You being my singer blinded me to reality, but that's all you are. Just my singer." Edward watched in guilt as tears fell from Bella's eyes.

"You don't mean that. I know you don't. We're meant to be together Edward! I feel it, I've never felt like this about anyone before." Bella could feel her world falling apart as she looked at Edward who was subdued as she broke down in front of him.

"I'm your first boyfriend Bella, you'll find someone better for you than me. We were never meant to be together and I'm truly sorry for hurting you this way, it was never my intention to break your heart." Edward wanted to comfort her, but he felt that would send the wrong message, especially considering she still seemed to be in denial.

Bella tried to rationalize with herself as she wiped her tears. This had to be Mia's fault, he's just confused. She would talk to Alice and they would get Mia to leave and everything would be like it was. Wiping the last tears from her face she nodded to herself as she looked at Edward. Everything would be okay soon.

"Edward, I think I need to be alone right now." Edward was nodding before she even finished.

"Yes, of course, Bella. I know it hurts right now, but you'll be fine. You're a great person." Giving her one last crooked smile he was gone before she could even blink. Feeling the tears well up again she pushed them back as she sent Alice a text.

Edward arrived to a house in chaos. There was yelling coming from upstairs, and so many thoughts flying around that he could barely keep up. He raced up the stairs because he could tell the commotion was happening around Mia's room. He prayed nothing had happened to her in his absence.

Edward turned the corner just in time to see Charlotte pin Alice to the wall opposite of Mia's door. He opened his mouth to say...something...he hadn't quite figured it out yet when he heard someone come to a stop behind him. He turned around just as Carlisle's voice rang out.

"WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS HOUSE? EVERYONE IN THE LIVING ROOM NOW!" Carlisle looked livid as he stared them down.

Edward had only seen Carlisle this upset once, and he definitely wasn't looking forward to this meeting. He made brief eye contact with Mia before he turned around just to make sure she was ok. She, like everyone else, was in quiet shock as they headed towards the living room. 

Author's Note: My Grandma got Covid(She's ok thank God) and these protests have been hectic to say the least, but I'm sorry for leaving y'all hanging for so long. I'll try to be more consistent.