Chapter 13

Mia woke up the next day with a new sense of determination. It was her first day of work and she would make the most of it, maybe also make some friends that weren't supernatural. Heading toward her bathroom she couldn't help but smile, she knew today would be a good day, she could feel it.

Standing in front of her closet Mia tried to pick an outfit that was work appropriate and comfortable. Grabbing a pair of grey leggings and a black polo she threw it on quickly before starting on her hair.

"Please. Work with me here! Just stay still. No! I'll cut all this shit off." Mia was close to tears as she tried to get her curls to stay in place as she smoothed them into a puff on top of her head, or tried at least. Her groans of frustration were interrupted by a knock on her door. Huffing angrily Mia removed her hands from her hair as she stomped toward her door. Opening her door she almost screamed, this was the last thing she needed.

"It's Monday, aren't you supposed to be in school or something?" Mia walked back over to the mirror as she asked the question. She had to be at work in an hour, and her hair was no closer to being a puff than it was 30 minutes ago.

"They're doing blood-typing in Biology today. I decided to just stay home. Do you need some help?" Edward was behind her reaching for her spray bottle before she could even respond.

"No, I don't need your help. Leave." Mia snatched the spray bottle from him before turning back toward the mirror. She sprayed her hair before trying to brush it up unsuccessfully once again. She scowled at Edward as she saw his smirking reflection in the mirror. "Why are you still here?"

"Just let me help. You'll be late for work otherwise." Mia frowned because she knew he was right. Handing him the brush and spray bottle she folded her arms and turned back toward the mirror.

"This changes nothing, hurry up before I'm late." Ignoring his smirk she watched as he started to brush through the tangles she would've ripped through in her frustration. Feeling his hands gliding through her curls brought back memories she was desperately trying to forget. She could feel her whole body relaxing as he worked on her hair.

"I was always better with your hair than you were." Edward was in heaven, Mia's scent was swirling around him and his hands were buried in her soft curls. It took all of his self restraint to keep his hands from sliding down the rest of her body.

"Yeah whatever, less talking more brushing." Mia's eyes fluttered closed against her will as he ran his fingers through her hair to get out any knots he missed. She let out a sigh of pleasure as he massaged her scalp, feeling all of her stress melt away. She hoped he was too focused on her hair to see how much she was enjoying this. God it felt so good, she missed this.

Edward smirked as he put her hair up as he had done so many times in the past. Brushing the last flyaway up into her puff he watched as her eyes opened to meet his in the mirror. He didn't know what she saw in his eyes but he could hear her heartbeat speed up as her lips parted slightly. He allowed his fingertips to run down the smooth skin of her neck as he kept his eyes locked on hers. He was rewarded with a sharp gasp as her pupils dilated. He could feel his own eyes darken as the intoxicating smell of her arousal began to permeate the air around them.

"I- Thank you. I have to go to work now." Mia grabbed her purse and quickly made a beeline for the door only for Edward to be standing right in front of it with the same predatory look on his face.

"Do you need a ride?" Mia's thighs clenched involuntarily at the husky tone of his voice. She could feel her heart beating rapidly and she knew that he could hear it. She quickly shook her head as she tried to get around him.

"No, I'll just use Carlisle's car again." Mia mumbled as Edward moved aside to let her pass. She let out a sigh of relief as she quickly moved down the stairs. She just needed to put a little distance between them to get herself under control. Heading toward the garage she noticed Carlisle's car was gone, as was Emmett's Jeep. That left Jasper's bike, which he'd never let her touch, Rose's Porsche that she couldn't even begin to figure out, and...

"Did I forget to mention Carlisle had to leave early this morning? A doctor's work is never done." Edward smirked as he leaned against the entrance to the garage. What he wouldn't give to hear what she was thinking right now. Pulling out the keys to his Volvo he unlocked it and held the door open for Mia. He watched her pout for a moment before getting in. He couldn't hide his smile as he got in the car and pulled out of the garage.

"This is nothing more than a ride to work. We still aren't friends or whatever you think this is." Mia grumbled as she looked out of the window. Not that she could ever be friends with him anyway, she could still feel the dampness in her panties after one look from him. That didn't exactly scream friendship.

"I would never dream of forcing you to do something you didn't want to do Mia." Edward knew his eyes were still dark as he allowed them to roam over her as she stared out of the window. He watched as she crossed and uncrossed her legs with a hungry gaze. He knew what that meant, and the smell of her arousal was still testing his control. All he wanted to do was pull over the car and remind her exactly how much she would want everything he could do to her.

"Just stop talking to me Edward. Make sure I get to work on time." Mia did her best to make her voice emotionless as she stared out of the window. How the hell did she even end up in this situation?

"Ok, no more talking." Deciding not to press his luck Edward drove the rest of the way in silence, basking in Mia's presence as long as she would let him. They arrived in front of the bookstore with ten minutes to spare. Before Mia could get out of the car Edward grabbed her hand. "What time do you get off? I'll pick you up." He rubbed his thumb over the smooth skin of her hand as he waited for her answer. He could only hear one person inside the shop and he could feel his body relax after confirming it wasn't Tyler.

Mia debated with herself for a moment as he held her hand. What was he doing? What were they doing? He has a whole girlfriend, but here he was dropping her off at work like they were still together. Maybe it was time that they had their talk, it was long overdue. "I get off at 6." Mia quickly exited the car and entered the bookstore without looking back at Edward.

Author's Note: So some stuff happened. Edward's getting a little touchy feely for someone with a girlfriend isn't he? Tell me what you guys thought of the chapter :) See you on the next one.