Chapter 25

Author's note: Heeyy y'all :)

Bella felt like she was in shock.

She thought he'd be back by now. He wouldn't even make it home before he realised what a mistake he was making, and then he would come running back to her, his soulmate.

She tried to hold back tears as she wondered where he was. He would be here soon.

She glanced at her open window.

The tears spilled over as she waited for him. Was he really not coming back? Everything was perfect a week ago. How could he tell her that she was his mate and then leave her like she meant nothing to him? It wasn't fair.

She knew it was the girl's fault. Mia. So perfect, and beautiful enough to make Bella feel like nothing standing next to her. It had to be her fault it just had to be. They were in love before she came, he said he loved her, and all of a sudden things changed just because his ex-girlfriend came back.

Maybe she had used her magic on him? Could she do that? Bella thought of how easily Mia had been able to throw Alice away from her and shuddered. Yeah, she could probably do that.

Bella gasped as her thoughts were interrupted by a pale hand on her shoulder. She tried, but failed, to hide her disappointment as she looked up at Alice.

"Listen to me Bella, we don't have much time but this is what you need to do."

Mia blinked hard as she tried to process all of the information Edward had just given her.

"Wow." Mia let out a nervous chuckle. "I always thought she was just a bitch, I didn't know she was like evil" She thought of Alice flying at her during training again and shuddered.

"Don't worry, I won't let her hurt you." Edward grabbed her hands tightly. "Jasper has a plan and when this is all over, we're going to be fine."

Mia pulled her hands away from his as he finished his sentence. "Edward, not that this is really important right now, cuz of the whole evil vamp thing, but when you say we're, do you mean...?" She left her question open-ended but Edward was nodding and smiling before she even finished.

"Yes Mia, I know that things won't go back to normal immediately, and I'll have to earn back your trust, but I'll spend the rest of forever making it up to you." He reached a hand out to caress her cheek but frowned as she stood up and backed away from him.

Mia looked at Edward sitting on her bed waiting for her to run back into his arms and tried to keep her fury in check. How could sit there and assume she would just come crawling back to him? Well she had news for him. "Edward, I don't know what you thought was going to happen, but when this is all over, I will be going back home, and we won't be getting back together."

Edward blinked

And blinked again when she didn't say that she was joking.

He quickly stood up and made his way to Mia even as she stepped back again. "Mia, I know I was horrible to you and I put you through so much pain, but I'll make it up to you."

"No! You don't know!" Edward took a step back as Mia's voice began to rise. "You have no idea because you left! And you never had any plans on coming back so please spare me the 'it was always you' speech!" She glared at him as she made a decision.

"Mia, I'm sorry" Edward took another step toward her and then he was frozen as Mia's memories came rushing into his head at once.

The sun shining in Mia's eyes woke her up on the morning of her 18th birthday, Stretching slowly she rolled over to cuddle more with her boyfriend and hopefully go back to sleep when she realized she was in bed alone. Sitting up slowly, she yawned and looked around.

Her bed was empty but the note on the pillow next to her caught her eye. She smiled as she picked it up, clearly Edward was doing something special for her. It was sweet, she never really got to celebrate her birthday before.

Her smile fell as she read the note.

She sat the note down as she quickly got up and got dressed. He was clearly joking, and she didn't find it funny. She rolled her eyes as she got into her car with the note in her pocket. If this was his idea of making her birthday special then she would have to give him a few tips for next year.

Making it to the Cullen residence took no time at all and as she pulled up to the house she saw Jasper and Rosalie standing on the porch, clearly having heard her pull up. They both had somber looks on their faces as they watched her get out of the car with a smile as she spotted them.

"Besties! Where's my Happy Birthday hugs? A witch only turns 18 once." Mia's smile disappeared as she realized they weren't smiling back. "What's wrong?"

Jasper took a deep breath and opened his mouth to speak just as Mia pulled Edward's note out of her pocket.

"And where's your brother? Trying to 'breakup' with me on my birthday isn't a good birthday surprise. I don't even know what he was thinking." Mia rolled her eyes again as she walked up to Rose and hugged her. She was surprised at how tightly Rose was gripping her, the blonde wasn't really a hugger and usually only put up with it for Mia's sake.

Mia pulled back and looked in Rose's tear-filled eyes. "I'm sorry Mia." Mia felt Jasper come up to her as he whispered the truth of the situation in her ear.

They sat there with her for hours as she cried for the unfairness of it all.

She cried for Edward, then she cried for herself because FUCK Edward. How could he do this to her?

She cried for the ache in her heart that only comes when you give your all to another person and they don't care.

She cried and cried. And Jasper and Rosalie never said a word. Just held her tighter when she couldn't hold in her sobs any longer.

Edward took a deep unnecessary breath as he was thrown from Mia's mind once again.

"THAT is why we're not getting back together." Mia's voice was like steel, unyielding and cold as she addressed him. "Of course, I'm going to help in any way I can, but there is no more us, you made sure of that." Mia turned away from him in a clear dismissal.

Edward felt numb as he walked away from her. He never knew, Jasper and Rosalie were always careful to keep any memories of Mia far away from him, and now he saw why. He really was a terrible person to do something like that to her.

But he was also a selfish bastard and he would never stop pursuing her. He needed her. And when they were done dealing with Alice, he would show her how much.

Author's Note: I know I'm super late but don't be mad at me :( , be mad at writer's block. But we back, and Imma give y'all another chapter on Friday. What do y'all think Alice told Bella? Do you think Mia made the right choice with Edward??