Chapter 26

Mia took several deep breaths before she left her room

Mia took several deep breaths before she left her room. Edward was not the focus of any of this right now, they had much bigger fish to fry at the moment. Walking downstairs she could see Jasper talking to Carlisle and Esme who looked like they would be crying if they could. Guess he was breaking the news about Alice being an evil bitch.

Sighing, she made her way to the couch where Charlotte and Rose were talking quietly. They looked up as she sat down and then looked back at each other quickly before looking away.

"Well glad to know you were talking about me." Rolling her eyes Mia was sure they were talking about her decision to save Bella, a decision she grimaced at, but was going to do regardless.

"We just want to make sure you're making the right decision honey." Charlotte grabbed her hand and they locked eyes. "And we don't think this is the best one."

Mia was the first to look away as she looked down at the pale hand sitting on top of hers. "So you just want me to let her die? That's not going to happen." She shook her head as Rosalie stood up in front of her with her hands on her hips and a cold glare on her face.

"You're being an idiot Mia. You don't have to be a superhero. This is Edward's mess and he should clean it up. He was out of line to even ask that of you, and your stupid to consider it for even a second." Rosalie kept the glare on her face but Mia could see the concern swimming in her golden eyes. It made her heart clench as she quickly stood up to hug her friend.

Mia opened her mouth to reply but was interrupted by Edward's groan. "We have a problem."

Before anyone could ask him about his statement Peter came through the door carrying a screaming Bella over his shoulder. He tossed her on the couch and looked up at everyone as they stared at him. He shrugged as he turned to Jasper "Just following orders. What are we gonna do with her?"

"Edward! Thank God, I thought he was kidnapping me!" Bella ran behind Edward clutching his shirt in her fist as she stared at Peter over his shoulder. Edward quickly pried her hands from his shirt and took a step away as he gave Mia a quick glance, but she was looking at Jasper and awaiting instructions. He tried not to let that bother him.

"If I was gonna kidnap someone it would be someone much less annoying." Peter rolled his eyes at Bella's word. "I'm insulted that you even think I'd waste my kidnapping skills on you, not when I could use them on a finer specimen." He sent a wink to Mia as he wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her toward him. She giggled but allowed him to embrace her. Edward clenched his jaw as he looked away.

"Enough Peter." Jasper's southern drawl cut through Mia's giggling as he turned to address Bella. "Bella, you need to understand the severity of this situation. You are not allowed to know of our existence without either being turned or being killed, now because of-" Jasper was cut off as Bella turned toward Edward and began to speak. 

He could feel himself tense and his eyes flash to Black at the blatant disrespect the girl showed him. Making eye contact with Charlotte she shook her head subtly and he took a deep unnecessary breath. Soon the girl would either be dead or have no memories and he would never have to deal with her again. He said a silent prayer that if they chose the former he would get to do the honors.

"Great! So you brought me back here to turn me. You could've come to get me yourself you know." Bella chuckled as she reached for Edward's hand but he pulled away before she could make contact. She frowned in confusion as he looked at her seriously.

"Bella, we're not going to turn you. That wouldn't be fair to you." Edward's words were spoken softly but his tone was firm. Bella's look turned to alarm as his words registered. "But we're not going to kill you either, so don't worry." Edward tried to give her a comforting smile but Bella couldn't see it through the tears gathering in her eyes.

"You still don't want me do you? Then why did you bring me here? I won't tell anyone." Bella tried to control herself as the tears began to flow down her cheeks. She could feel her heart break all over again at the look of Pity on Edward's face. She didn't need his pity, she just needed to remember what Alice told her before Peter came. Everything will be ok by tomorrow and then this whole mess will be forgotten.

Before she could say anything else she felt a wave of drowsiness wash over her so suddenly that she couldn't do anything but hope someone would catch her as her eyelids fluttered closed and she descended into blackness. Edward caught her falling body and deposited her on the couch quickly before turning toward Jasper with an eyebrow raised.

Jasper shrugged at his brother's questioning look. "We don't have time to explain any of this shit to her, it's not like she'll remember any of it anyway." Nobody could dispute his logic so they turned to the sleeping girl and almost in unison everyone's eyes flew to Mia as she walked toward the couch.

Mia tried not to show her nerves as she let out a shaky laugh. "Guess it's my turn now huh?"

Author's Note: Heeyy y'all, I'm the worst for not updating in forever I know :( But we back, imma try to get at least 2 updates a month out (but please be patient with me lol)