Chapter 8

Author's Note: Hey guys we back with another one. I'm gonna be busy this upcoming week so I don't know how often I'll be uploading the next few days, but enjoy this chapter.

Reaching the main floor Mia tried to ignore the soft sounds of the piano coming from the corner, she couldn't deal with him so soon after her dream. Looking around she noticed that almost nobody was here aside from Esme, who she guessed was in the kitchen. Where was everybody? The question must have shown on her face, because Edward opened his mouth to speak.

"Rose and Emmett went to Seattle to have some alone time, and Alice and Jasper went hunting about an hour ago." Nodding without looking at him Mia headed towards the kitchen. Her eyes lighting up as she saw the head of the Cullen clan, and the only person she had yet to see since she arrived.

"Papa C! I missed you." Throwing herself into his arms she took in the comfort that he seemed to exude. He was the closest thing she had to a father, and she had missed him dearly.

"I missed you too sweetheart, things just weren't the same around here without you." Carlisle chuckled at her enthusiasm, even though he felt the same. He had missed his daughter who never failed to make him laugh.

"That's what everyone keeps telling me, your lives are just lacking without me in them." Fixing herself a plate she talked to Carlisle about the hospital and Esme about Forks as she ate. She'd be staying for a while so she might as well get familiar.

"Why don't you go to school with the others, we could get you enrolled this week?" Esme giggled as she saw Mia's face twist into a grimace at Carlisle's suggestion.

"No thanks Papa C, I've already done highschool once. I'd like to never do it again." Mia shot the idea down immediately as she picked up her plate and headed towards the sink. Waving Esme away she began to wash it as continued talking. "I think I'll just show myself around town. Who knows I might even get a part time job." Smiling at the two as they seemed to agree with her plan she headed back towards the living room.

"Mia?" She looked toward him warily as he said her name, groaning internally as she noticed him walking toward her. Luckily he stopped a few feet away from her, not far enough in her opinion but she'd take it."

"What?" Edward flinched slightly at her cold tone, but he wouldn't let that stop him. They were going to be living together, so they should at least be friends. That's all he wanted he swore to himself, just her friendship.

"Would you allow me to show you around Forks, so you can become familiar with it?" Mia just stared at him for a second before she started laughing. Was he serious? She wiped the tears from her eyes as her laughter dissolved into small giggles before looking up at his now smiling face.

"No, why would I ever do that?" The smile Edward was sporting at the sound of her laughter had now disappeared at her answer. He knew it was a long shot, but he had to try.

"We're going to be living together now, shouldn't we at least be civil?" Mia's eyes hardened at his question and her voice was like ice as she responded.

"This is me being civil, and considering how much I fucking hate you be grateful I even responded to your dumbass question." Watching her walk towards the couch Edward felt his heart break all over again. Thinking she hated him was one thing, but hearing it from her was devastating. He couldn't understand the throbbing pain in his chest as he brought his hand up to rub at it before speaking to her as she turned the t.v. on.

"Please Mia, I know I hurt you but I can explain. Just let me explain please, give me 5 minutes and I won't bother you again." Mia glared at him as he stood in front of her with a look of despair on his face. She tried to ignore the tugging at her heart as his sad eyes stared at her pleadingly. Why was he trying so hard anyway? It's not like it made a difference whether she liked him or not.

"Fine. Speak." Mia held her hand up as he looked like he was about to protest. "I'm not going anywhere with you, There's almost no one in the house right now, so this is as private as you're going to get. And I suggest you hurry, the clock is ticking." Edward nodded determinedly as he tried to organize his thoughts, he was so nervous. Why was he so nervous?
"I need you to know that I never meant to hurt you. I said that I would do my best to make sure nothing ever hurt you again ba-Mia and I meant that." He stuttered slightly and hoped she didn't notice his almost slip. It was hard being around her and reminding himself that she wasn't his anymore. "What I mean is that Bella was a mistake-no not a mistake I mean-" He stopped again why was this so hard. All he wanted to do was apologize for their terrible breakup, but he had to fight to stop himself from getting down on his knees and begging her to take him back. What was wrong with him? It didn't help that her scent was swirling around him from their close proximity, he took a deep breath and felt his head swim as he breathed in more of her intoxicating scent.

"Bella? So she was the reason you left? Were you cheating on me?" Mia's mouth fell into a scowl as she watched him shake his head quickly and run his hand through his hair for the 15th time. She was sure if he could he would be sweating too.

"No! Never, I would never betray your trust like that. You have to believe me." He was actually on his knees in front of her now. When had that happened? Edward found that he didn't care if it meant that she would forgive him, it's all he wanted. He didn't understand why he was feeling this way.

"I don't have to do shit but stay black and die. Your time is up by the way." She stood up to leave the living room but was stopped by his hand on her arm. Turning toward him she looked down at his hand for a moment before allowing heat to spread through her arm, smirking when he pulled away quickly. "Don't touch me."

"Please listen to me baby, Alice saw Bella in my future, and I couldn't- she said that she was my soulmate, and she's my singer, so she's right. I'm sorry." The words were so hard to get out, so he spewed them out quickly. He was speaking so fast, he didn't even think she caught most of it as he realized he was speaking almost to fast for a human to understand.

"Soulmate?" Mia didn't catch most of his desperate speech, but she did hear the words Bella and soulmate feeling her heart clench as she realized what those words meant together. Swallowing around the dryness that felt like broken glass in her throat, she tried to think of something to say. Why would he tell her that? To twist the knife even deeper into her heart? "Well I'm glad you found your forever Edward." Looking up at him she felt her eyes glaze over with tears and quickly fled upstairs to take solace in her room.

Edward stood where she had left him as he wondered how that conversation could have gone so wrong. He didn't mean to make her cry, he was just trying to make it better, to make them better. He hung his head as he remembered there was no them anymore. He thought if he told her the truth they could work on it. He felt his own vision become cloudy as he remembered the heartbroken expression on her face. All he wanted to do was go after her, and he was going to do just that if the hand on his shoulder hadn't stopped him. Looking at Carlisle he allowed himself to be pulled away from the stairs he was walking towards.

"Son, I think It's time we had a talk." Following Carlisle into his office he wondered what he could want with him.

Author's Note: So...that happened. That's not at all how I planned this chapter to go, but this is what we got. Tell me what you think in the comments :) See ya next time.