Chapter 19

Author's Note: What y'all doing to keep busy in the quarantine?

"UGH!" Alice growled as she flew into a tree, breaking it in the process. She quickly rose to her feet as she glared at a smirking Mia.

"The goal is to try to pin me, Alice, just in case you forgot." Mia loved the feeling of getting under her skin. She heard her growl as she closed her eyes connecting wholly with her magic. She could feel the buzz under her skin as she allowed her magic to envelope her.

Mia could feel the air whoosh past her as her left hand shot out pushing Alice away from her once more.

"Again Alice. Emmett, join in." Jasper's face was stoic as he ordered his wife and brother to attack. The major observed as Mia moved swiftly, fully intuned with the magic that was working hard to keep her safe. She had always joked that it was her spidey-sense, and he loved to see it at work. She made Alice look like an amateur without the help of her visions, it was amusing to watch.

"That's not fair! No levitating Mia" Emmett pouted as he looked up at the floating girl that had avoided his tackle.

"Anything goes in a fight Emmett that includes levitating." Mia giggled as she slowly returned to the ground.

"Ok, Mia. You've clearly kept up with your training, so we'll set a schedule and-"

"ALICE NO!"

Mia turned around to see a blur coming right at her, but it was quickly intercepted by another blur. Her attention snapped toward a tree to the left of her where Edward was growling at Alice as he pinned her to a tree.

"What the fuck did you think you were doing?" The words were snarled as Edward tightened his hand around her throat. Mia winced as she heard an audible crack.

"EDWARD WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Bella screamed as she tried to run toward her boyfriend but was held back by Emmett. Edward ignored her.

"We were training Edward, I was doing what I was supposed to do." Alice's voice was strained as she said the words.

"Are you forgetting I can read your mind? I should kill you." Edward's voice was like steel coated in rage.

"Edward let her go, I'm sure Alice didn't mean any harm." Jasper's voice was cautious as he sent waves of calm toward his enraged brother.

"Don't mess with my emotions right now Jasper, she tried to kill Mia." As Edward said the words his fingers tightened around her neck. He could smell her fear as she looked into his pitch-black eyes and he loved it.

"But Mia's okay, aren't you Mia?" Jasper turned toward Mia as his eyes pleaded with her.

"I'm okay Edward, but I wouldn't have been if not for you" She sent a glare at Alice. "Thank you." Her voice was soft and laced with gratitude.

"Do you want me to let her go?" Mia blinked. Then she thought about it...Alice did try to attack her while her back was turned. And it's likely that Edward wouldn't actually kill her. She hummed in thought.

"Why are you taking so long? Tell him to let her go!" Bella shouted at Mia.

"Lower your fucking voice when you talk to me. He didn't ask you, he asked me, so I can take as long as I want." Mia glared at Bella.

"Mia!" Jasper's voice brought her attention back to the situation at hand.

Mia walked toward Edward confidently before placing her hand on his shoulder. She watched as his whole body relaxed except for the arm gripping Alice's throat. She was curious...

"Did she really try to kill me?" Mia looked at Alice as Edward confirmed that her intent was to kill.

"I wasn't serious Mia, it was just in the moment of the training. Tell him to let me go." Alice pleaded with her despite trying to seem unaffected.

"I'll kill you myself the next time you try to attack me with my back turned. I hate cowards." Mia sneered at her. "Edward let her go." The words hung in the air for a moment as Edward tightened his grip for just a second before releasing. Alice ran into the woods before Mia could blink.

"Well. That's enough training for today I think." Emmett's comment effectively broke the ice as Mia giggled and nodded.

"I'm gonna go shower, Rose and Emmett can you guys meet me up there in like 30 minutes?" They agreed and Mia turned toward Edward who was looking at her with a look she couldn't describe, a look she was too scared to describe.

Quickly, before she lost her nerve, Mia leaned up to Edward and give him a soft kiss on the cheek and whispered her thanks to him once more before retreating into the house.

Edward remained in the same position watching her go, his Mia. He wished nothing more than for all of this could be over and they could be together. His fingers brushed over the spot where she had kissed him as he closed his eyes in bliss. He had forgotten just how soft her lips were.

"EDWARD!" His eyes snapped open at the sound of Bella's screech, looking toward the angry brunette headed toward him he wanted nothing more than to end it right now. He felt terrible knowing that he would be stringing her along just for him to leave when this was all over.

"Bella, can we talk?" Her brown eyes blazed with anger at him as she gave him a stiff nod. Jasper, who was silently observing the couple made sure his thoughts were loud and clear.

You can't break up with her Edward, no matter how much you want to. Edward gave an almost imperceptible nod to his brother, letting him know that his words were understood.

Bella followed him to her truck, letting her displeasure be known through her stomps and sighs of aggravation. The ride to her house was silent and filled with tension as Bella glared at him the whole way there. Turning the truck off Edward noticed her father's car parked in the driveway.

"Your father's home, I think it would be better if we talked out here." At her nod, he took a deep breath as he thought about Jasper's words once more.

"Bella, I think we should break-up."

Author's Note: This is not how I planned this chapter to go, but let me know what you think. How will Bella respond? See you guy's on the next one :)