Chapter 2

Author's Note: I'll add music to chapters where I think it goes. This chapter's song is The Break-Up by MGK. Love the song, and him, so check it out if you get the chance. 

She watched Edward freeze in place a couple meters from where they all were standing together. Fuck him, he still looked great, just as handsome as the day he broke her heart. She tried to meet his eyes, but he was avoiding looking at her, the guilt must be eating him up. Good, he deserves every negative emotion there is, the bastard.

"Oh Mia, how are you? We've all missed you so much." Alice walked toward her with her arms outstretched stopping only when Mia moved back and crossed her arms in front of her.

"I'm fine Alice, not that you care. We're not friends, so let's skip the fake niceties." Turning away from the pair of assholes she asked her friends where the rest of the family was.

"Carlisle is at work, and Esme dragged Emmett to Port Angeles for things you might need in your room." She tried not to stiffen up as she heard his voice for the first time in almost a year. His voice was honey to her ears and a knife to her heart at the same time. Deliberately ignoring him, she faced her friends and spoke.

"I'm not staying here." Her voice was firm, living with him was out of the question. She would be civil for the sake of the family, but she would go crazy if she had to stay in the same house as him.

"Try telling that to Esme. She's pretty excited that you're moving in, even if it's only temporarily." She let out a sigh at Jasper's words, it would be hard to change Esme's mind but she would figure something out.

"You still haven't told me why I needed to come here. You guys were supposed to be visiting me soon." She was pouting as she thought about how long it had been since she saw her friends. She stifled a sound of disgust as Alice wrapped her arm around Jasper before turning to face her.

"I had a vision, and we're gonna need you here. I don't know what for yet, but you need to be here." Mia rolled her eyes as she looked at Rose who nodded.

"Of course Alice the all knowing. I must come running when you call." She mumbled it but knew that it was heard by the vamps standing around her. Alice narrowed her eyes.

"I wouldn't say that you needed to be here if it wasn't needed. I'd be fine if I never saw you again." Mia rolled her eyes again, that feeling was mutual. They all turned towards the path leading away from the house, she assumed that someone was coming that she couldn't hear yet. She was proven right a few minutes later when Emmet's Jeep turned into the driveway where they were all standing. The car barely stopped before Emmett was barreling toward her with a large smile on his face.

"Little sis! We missed you, and I know you missed us. How's life been chocolate drop?" Laughing Mia told Emmett to put her down from where he had placed her on his shoulder.

"I missed you too Em. You know how life was, I talked to you last week." She rolled her eyes at his dramatics. You would think she had cut off all contact with them with the way they were acting. Her eye roll turned into a wide smile as she turned to Esme who was standing next to Emmett looking close to tears.

"Oh sweetie, we've all missed you so much. Talking over the phone just isn't the same." Mia closed her eyes as she was engulfed in the warm embrace of the only mom she's ever known. She had to force back her own tears as she realized how much she had missed this woman.

"I missed you too Mama C. My waffles never turn out as good as yours." She pulled back and wiped discreetly at her eyes.

"Well no worries there, I went grocery shopping earlier today and have all the fixings for my famous waffles. Emmett unpack the truck and move everything to Mia's room. Oh you're going to love it sweetie, I think I did pretty good picking things that fit your style." Esme looked so happy, peering at her with those big eyes. She sighed, this would be torture.

"I can't wait to see it Mama C, I'm sure you did a great job." Ignoring Rose's raised eyebrow and Jasper's chuckles she turned towards the house. "So what's with all the windows?" She watched as all of them stiffened at once immediately putting her on high alert. Looking around for the impending danger she heard nothing, except for what sounded like a really old truck. "Guys...what's going on?" She didn't like the look of glee on Alice's face nor the guilty look Edward threw her as he finally met her eyes. Nobody answered her but Jasper and Rose both flanked her as a hideous red truck pulled in behind Emmett's Jeep. She watched as a pretty brunette hopped out of the cab and gave her a curious glance before walking toward Edward.

She could feel her heart pounding in her chest as she watched the unknown girl walk up to Edward and kiss him on the cheek before turning toward her. Edward was still looking at her, and then he opened his mouth.

"Mia, this is my girlfriend Bella." He finally looked away as he said the words, suddenly finding the ground very interesting.