lxxix. CRYSTALS [smut]

A/N – This is for -honeyeddreams , I'm really sorry if it's bad, my phone kept deleting the chapter so I had to rewrite it a lot.

—— ——

The sun was shining almost directly into your eyes, but you couldn't help smiling as you shielded your face. The scene in front of you was stunning – a small waterfall flowing into a clear blue river, surrounded by dusty rose cherry blossom trees.

This getaway hadn't been your idea, but admittedly, everyone on the team was stressed and needed a break from reality. It was Wanda who'd recommended a day trip to the waterfall, and Tony who'd (somewhat reluctantly) let everyone use one of his many luxury cars for the drive there. You'd shared a black Audi with Bucky.

He smiled as he moved to stand beside you, both of you contentedly leaning against the bonnet. His metal arm reflected tiny rainbows onto the ground in front of you, and he chuckled quietly as you pointed out the pattern.

"It's pretty here, huh?" he stated. You noticed that his gaze lingered on you, rather than the surroundings, but you didn't allow yourself to think anything of it.

"Yeah, it is," you replied, suddenly a little flustered and lost for words. Luckily, before you said anything stupid, Nat approached the two of you.

"C'mon, lovebirds, we're all going swimming," she insisted. You rolled your eyes at the comment, but you knew you were blushing all the same. You could only hope that Bucky hadn't noticed; if you'd paid more attention, you perhaps would've picked up on the fact that his face was just as red as yours.

Clearing your throat, you made your way over to the water, taking a second to admire the beauty of it – living in the city meant that you rarely got to visit places like this. Meanwhile, everyone stripped to their swimming gear, but you quietly sat down by the riverbank instead.

"Y/N?" Sam called, thinking that something was wrong. No matter how annoying he was sometimes, he was like a brother to you, and he never failed to look out for you.

"Hm?" you responded absentmindedly, rummaging around in your backpack to find the item that you needed.

"Everything alright?" he asked.

You glanced at Sam, intending to reassure him, but your breath caught in your throat when you realised that Bucky was standing next to him, shirtless, only wearing a pair of red shorts that slightly clung to his thighs. You quickly averted your eyes and pulled out the small, velvet pouch that you'd been looking for.

"I'm good," you finally spoke. "Just gonna clean my crystals."

Sam simply nodded, already understanding and letting you off the hook. However, Bucky slowly approached you as you gathered various gleaming rocks in your hands.

"What... they don't look dirty to me," he mumbled, both curious and confused, which you found adorable. You turned to him, holding up your favourite blue agate gem.

"Crystals have calming and healing energies," you explained. "Cleaning them in salt water refreshes the properties, and the sun recharges them."

Bucky was still a little lost, but he nodded anyway, changing the subject. "So you're not gonna swim with us?"

"Nope," you replied, beginning to gently dip the gems into the river. "Well, maybe later, I'm not sure."

He nodded again and waded into the water, before immediately splashing a moderately annoyed Steve. You found yourself wishing that he would come back and sit with you, but you shook the feeling away, enjoying the relative peace of remaining by yourself for a while.