A/N

https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/

I know many people skip anything that isn't a proper chapter, but please DO NOT skip this.

This is more important than any of the chapters in this book.

I want to use the platform that I have here on Wattpad to raise awareness about what's happening in America right now. It may not help much but, along with signing petitions and donating to good causes, it really is the least I can do.

Racism is a huge issue. Being white, I recognise that I will never be able to understand what it's like to be a victim of racism. But I can understand just how unacceptable it is that people are treated this way, simply because of their race.

What happened to George Floyd is absolutely disgusting – and it's not an isolated incident. Things like this happen literally every single day. Racism to this extent has become a sad part of everyday life, and we can no longer sit back and accept this.

How can such a violation of basic human rights be allowed to happen? How can the government, the people in power, the people who are supposed to protect everybody's lives, act like this and think that they're right? Simple: white privilege.

Some people think that white privilege doesn't exist. Those people are ignorant (and if this offends you, unfollow me, block me, whatever. Because I won't tolerate that kind of behaviour).

It's horrible to think that so many people live like this, fearing for their lives, as well as the lives of their family and friends, every single day, despite never having done anything wrong at all. Nobody deserves that.

Please click on the link at the top of this chapter, or copy and paste it if it doesn't work. Even DM me and I'll send it to you privately. It will take you to several resources where you can sign petitions, make donations, or simply educate yourself further about the situation.

Like I said, this might not help much. My voice among billions can't possibly do a lot, but I can't join any riots or protest and it pains me to sit here doing nothing, simply living a privileged life while so many people are suffering.

Something needs to be done.

Black lives matter.