xli. CHEATER

"No."

"Y/N, please, I just—"

"Bucky, no. You're a cheater, I don't care what you have to say."

"I've told you already, I didn't cheat!"

"Really? So now you're a liar too?"

Bucky shook his head, exasperated. It was about 2am, but neither of you were keeping track of the time. You sat on opposite ends of the couch, angrily muttering to each other while everyone else in the tower slept.

"Come on, Bucky, face the facts," you hissed, standing up dramatically to point a finger in his face. "Trying to tickle me in the middle of a game of Mario Kart? Just so you could win? That's totally cheating."

"A win is a win, doll."

You simply glared at him. Bucky was silent for a few seconds, but he finally sighed and held his hands up in surrender. "Fine, I'm sorry, okay?"

"Apology not accepted."

Having made your point, you sat down again, pouting. However, you couldn't contain your smile when Bucky moved over to your side of the couch and threw his arms around you, burying his face in your neck. Suddenly, you had an idea.

"Hey," you murmured, just loudly enough to attract Bucky's attention. When he tilted his head up to gaze at you inquisitively, you smirked.

"Rematch?"

A few minutes later, the race was well underway. You'd graciously allowed Bucky to pick the circuit and he'd selected Koopa Cape – not one of your favourites, but allowing him to choose was part of your plan to trick him into thinking he had the upper hand.

The final lap had just begun and Bucky was beginning to get a little cocky. He was in first place and you were in second – but that was all about to change.

Keeping one eye on the screen, you scooted closer to Bucky until your thigh was resting against his. He barely reacted, so you slowly tilted your head to the side and began to gently kiss his neck. He emitted a quiet, barely audible sigh as he felt your lips against his skin, causing his concentration to falter.

"Fuck," he mumbled, frowning as his car skidded onto the grass, slowing down as a result.

Knowing that you could still steer with one hand, you carefully threaded your fingers through his hair, giving a firm tug as you softly nipped at the skin of his neck. A languid groan fell from Bucky's lips at the combination – at this point, he wanted nothing more than to drop his controller and pull you into his lap.

You'd distracted him, all right.

With the finish line in sight, you knew it was time for you to finally take the lead. In a matter of seconds, you'd fired a green shell at Bucky's car, stopping him in his tracks. He inhaled sharply and pushed you away from him, but it was too late. You sped into first place and crossed the line.

"HA!" you yelled, jumping up and flinging your arms out in celebration.

"But– but that's not fair!" Bucky stuttered, throwing down his controller in childish protest.

"A win is a win, baby," you smirked, mocking his earlier words to you.

This seemed to irritate Bucky even more; he narrowed his eyes and practically growled as he stood up and swiftly pinned you against the nearest wall.

"You'll pay for this, kitten," he whispered, his lips already trailing down to your collarbone.

You were in for a long night.