i. MEDICINE

You had just woken up and could immediately tell that something was wrong. You already had a headache, your nose was stuffy and your throat felt dry and scratchy. Great.

You slowly opened your eyes and glanced at the clock. It read 11:56am – you'd clearly overslept and unsurprisingly, your boyfriend Bucky was no longer laying next to you in bed. You struggled to swing your legs round and stand up, but the simple action increased the dull pain in your head. To make everything worse, you attempted a weak groan, which triggered a violent coughing fit.

"Y/N? Are you okay?" Bucky's concerned voice grew louder as he walked into the room. He frowned as he saw you slump tiredly back into bed.

"I'm fine, I just overslept a bit. I'll get up in a minute," you lied, not wanting to worry him. You knew Bucky had an adorable habit of becoming quite stressed whenever something bad happened to you, no matter how small the issue was.

"You're not going anywhere, you're sick." Bucky stepped towards you and gently laid his human hand on your forehead. "You're burning, doll. Hold on, stay here." He left the room again and you didn't have the energy to argue.

About five minutes later, you heard soft footsteps as Bucky returned. You looked over, gave a small smile and slowly sat up as you saw him carrying a tray, which he set down on the bed next to you. It contained some toast, orange juice, a mug of coffee and some medicine. Your smile faltered as you saw the brown bottle and you hoped you would be able to somehow avoid taking any of the foul liquid.

Bucky sat next to you on the bed and wrapped an arm around your shoulders, pulling you into his chest and holding you. You leaned against him and whispered a "thank you" into his ear before beginning to eat your toast, smiling every once in a while as Bucky would gently kiss the top of your head.

To your dismay, once you finished eating, you saw Bucky immediately reach for the medicine bottle and pour some onto a spoon.

"But I hate this stuff! Come on, I'll be okay, I don't need to take it..." As you spoke, you began coughing again, causing Bucky to raise an eyebrow. "Okay, maybe I do need it," you sighed, knowing he wouldn't let you avoid it. He smiled and held the spoon up to your lips, chuckling as you reluctantly gulped down the medicine, cringing at the horrible taste.

After putting the tray on the floor, Bucky laid down and pulled you towards him, knowing that you love cuddles, especially when you're sick. Your legs tangled with his and he gently stroked your hair, making you sleepy again. Just as you felt your eyelids getting heavier, he tilted your chin up and kissed you, his lips soft and warm as they moved against yours.

"I love you, Buck," you whispered.

"I love you too, doll."