The Last Night Part 1

"And that's how we found out that Sirius was my godfather, instead of a massive raving lunatic who wanted to kill me," said Harry. A chorus of laughter erupted after him.

It was three weeks later, the morning of the last day they had before they left for Hogwarts, and Harry, Ron, and Hermione were up in the boys' room telling Jessica about one of their many adventures before breakfast. The four of them had gotten closer since the quidditch match, thanks to Jessica begging the Order to let her get involved more in the household chores, and they all had often had late-night chats where they would tell Jessica stories of what they had gotten up to. Sometimes, Ginny, Fred, and George would join them too, sneaking into the room when Mrs Weasley was asleep and bringing snacks. Hearing about Fred and George's antics hadn't shocked her given that she had started to be on the receiving end of their pranks lately around the house, but it was far more impressive than anything anyone had ever attempted at her old muggle school. Their tales of Hogwarts had gotten Jessica excited to go, as they all had always seemed to have quite eventful years.

"That must have been such a head fuck," laughed Jessica, sitting cross-legged in her purple nightshirt at the bottom of Harry's bed.

"You're telling me," said Harry who was leaning back against his headboard and chewing on a Bertie Bots every flavoured bean. "Although I can't complain, at least I didn't find out my pet who I carried around in my pocket all year was actually a fully grown man."

"What?" Gasped Jessica, eager to know more. She thought Lupin being a werewolf would be the most unbelievable thing that would come out of this story. She had wondered why his boggart had been a moon when he took her for third-year Defence Against The Dark Arts, and now she knew why.

"Oh, did we not tell you that bit?" Ron said airily, given the impression that he had purposely glossed over that section of the story.

"No, funnily enough, you started choking on a chocolate frog as Harry was about to tell it," Hermione smirked, glancing at him on the opposite side of his bed. Their legs were close to touching as they top and tailed.

"So basically Ron used to have a rat called Scabbers," Harry started explaining eagerly to Ron's discontent. "Turns out it was a man all along called Peter Pettigrew who was an animagus and could transform into a rat."

"And that's what Sirius is right, an animagus? But not Lupin?" Jessica asked. She had still yet to clarify in her mind the difference between the two.

"That's right, Lupin is an actual werewolf so he can't choose when he turns," Hermione answered, looking slightly suspicious that she didn't know this.

"So you had no idea that he was a man?" Jessica asked Ron, ignoring Hermione's stare.

"Yeah, did you know he was a man when you had him in your pocket close to your dick, Ron?" Harry asked teasingly, throwing another bean into the air and catching it in his mouth.

Jessica resumed laughing as Ron shoved another Cauldron Cake into his mouth aggressively. His silence was the only answer she needed. "Yeh n Percy dnt know it ee-ver when he ad im," he munched.

"Oh yeah, who is Percy?" Jessica asked, slightly quieter, "I've heard him mentioned a little, but every time his name is brought up Ron's mum cries."

"He's my brother," Ron said, sinking into his bedsheets, "but he's disowned us now. He was always a prat but ever since he joined the ministry he's become an even bigger one."

"Oh...I'm sorry to hear that," Jessica apologized. She sensed the atmosphere of the room darken slightly.

"Don't be, he's gone where all the other uptight gits go," said a voice over a large cracking sound.