Lion Pride - Part 2

"Okay I do really need to go to the bathroom now," said Hermione as she and Jessica danced away to Ron and Harry's rendition of Living On A Prayer. The night was into the late hours now, and the party was showing no sign of slowing down. Harry surprisingly could hold a tune, but Ron was just sort of screaming the words, holding on to Harry for support.

"Are we actually going this time?" Jessica asked as Hermione spun her around, "or do you just need to get me out of the way again?"

"Jess I had to lie, she would've killed you," Hermione told her unapologetically, "I wouldn't like to take her on in a fight." 

Jessica rolled her eyes and they both walked to the toilets, the line surprisingly non-existent. She pushed forward on the door and they clambered in together. Once the door was closed, the music became muffled, and Jessica sized up her arms in the mirror. "Eh, if I could wrestle my hairbrush away from Kreature then I think I could take Angelina" she said, "she's not that big."

"Oh my gosh did I look this red in there?" said Hermione, ignoring her and looking at herself in the mirror next to her. Jessica wouldn't admit it, but Hermione's cheeks were very flushed in this lighting, and her hair had frizzed out from the heat of the party.

"Hermione the whole room is so dark no one is going to notice," Jessica told her, nudging into Hermione as she checked her hair. "Why, are you hoping for someone to look your way?"

Hermione sheepishly glanced at her and then fidgeted with her cleavage. Jessica's mouth opened with the surprise of new gossip. "Oh my god who is it?"

"It's no one," Hermione snapped, "besides it's not me we need to talk about. You're playing a dangerous game."

"I'm not doing anything wrong," said Jessica, "you said it yourself, he's unattached."

"I'm not talking about that," said Hermione, "I mean-"

She stopped talking as girlish laughter approached the bathroom door. She grabbed Jessica by the arm and pulled her into the nearest cubicle, locking it shut as the door flung open and a collation of heels moved in.

"Hermione what the-"

"Sshhhh!" Hermione silenced her. She put her finger to her mouth and Jessica froze against the wall.

"So has he asked you yet?" squealed a girl.

Jessica tried to look through the gap in the door to see who it was but could only see a flash of colour. 

"No not yet," said another of the girls, "but by the way things are going I'll say I'll be officially his by the end of the night."

"Has he been giving signals?" asked the third girl excitedly.

"Oh definitely," said the second girl casually, and the popping sound of a lipstick container was heard, "he said earlier that he wants to talk, and that he's been meaning to tell me it for a while."

"The girl to tame Fred Weasley," the first girl exhaled in awe, "Angelina you deserve a medal."

Jessica and Hermione looked at each other, Hermione's mouth falling open as if she was in a bad soap opera.  She pointed at the door and mouthed widely "it's Angelina" and Jessica mouthed back "shhh!".