Decree No.29

"Jess come on, just talk to me."

She kept walking down the corridor, her arms clutched around her waist and not looking back. It was her favourite time of day when the sun was just setting over the castle, but she couldn't enjoy the view out of the glass windows because she was so infuriated that he was still following her.

It had been like this for days, and Jessica was getting weary of them all trying to get her to speak to them again.

"No Fred, how many times this week have I told you to leave me alone?" she asked him over her shoulder, "and now you've resorted to pulling me out of class by telling Professor Binns Dumbledore wanted to see me? I know you don't care about your education but I thought you'd be more respectful regarding mine. I'm going right back and telling him you lied."

Fred started running up to her to catch up, which took about three strides due to their height difference. He got ahead of her and started walking backwards so that she was unable to not face him. "Oh lighten up it's the last class of the day," he said jokingly, rolling his jumper sleeves up and trying to draw out some sort of happy reaction from her stern face, "everyone always falls asleep in his classes anyway so really I'm doing you a favour!"

Jessica rolled her eyes and continued walking rapidly in the direction of Professor Binn's classroom. Once again he wasn't listening to her, and she was starting to see the cracks of their clashing personalities. "No Fred, if you were to do me a favour you would listen to me when I say we're over."

"Well, I don't accept that," he responded insistently, impressively turning around the corner without seeing it coming and still walking backwards, "because I don't believe you could turn your emotions off that quick."

Luckily for them, the corridors were empty, with all students and teachers in class. However, that didn't account for Dumbledore, who could see them at any moment. "I can and I have," she said, looking behind him for any sneak attacks from other students, "and I'm glad about it because you ignoring what I want is a clear sign that I'm doing the right thing."

"Okay that's what you want, which I find hard to believe anyway, but what about what I want then?" Fred asked, her finally achieving the same aggravation levels in him that he was in her, "do I not have a say in this?"

Her eyes snidely looked up at him, narrowing down on the gap in between his eyes so she could prevent herself from breaking. She had always had soft spot for his brown opal eyes."You had your say," she told him, "and you said to me that you've got loads of girls ready to take my place, so why don't you go pull one of them out of class and leave me alone."

Having gotten nowhere with words, which Jessica was arguably always going to win with over him, Fred stopped walking backwards and waited for her to bump into his chest. Once they collided he wrapped his arms around her waist and pushed her back against the stone wall, leaning down and kissing her deeply.

It took her by surprise, so for a second she just let him kiss her, enjoying the brief moment of bliss that it brought. However common sense was soon knocked back in and she became increasingly aware that this was a public corridor, so however much she wanted to give in and kiss him back, she had to stop it from happening.

"Fred no," she murmured as she pushed him off her by his shoulders, his red hair burning bright in the setting sun, "you don't get to just do that anymore."

"Cut the crap Jess and come here," he replied back, thinking she was just playing with him and pulling her in tighter. The wool of his jumper was infused with the familiar smell of fireworks and smoke, leading her to believe that he and George had been experimenting with new products that day.