The Golden Girl - Part Two

"Damn it."

Jessica sighed as the butterfly earring she had enchanted glumly fell back onto the table after only fluttering its wings once. She wanted to make it fly and look like the real thing but she had not found a charm strong enough to animate the emerald stone yet.

She scratched that idea out in her blue diary and clipped the earring back in her ear.

"That's enough for today, you can go now," Jessica told the blonde girl daydreaming at the desk in front of her. It was the first night of December, her period for detention, and though she appreciated the quiet in McGonnagal's classroom because it was raining outside and the sound relaxed her, it was clear that the girl's mind was going estray.

Luna Lovegood looked up at her with her bright blue eyes and dropped the blood-stained quill onto the parchment. Her pale hand was now blistered with the scar that marked most students at Hogwarts these days, and it was a sight that Jessica had hoped to become immune to by now.

"But I haven't finished," Luna said, her voice slightly frailed, "Draco said I had to-"

"It's okay," Jessica interrupted firmly, "you've done enough for tonight. If you leave now you can make it back to Ravenclaw Tower before the curfew starts."

Luna stood up, her writing hand a little shaky from where it hurt, and placed her periwinkle cotton tote bag over her shoulder.

"Goodbye Jessica, it was good to see you, though I would've liked to have done without that," Luna told her kindly as she nodded down towards the desk and quill. She stepped forward into Jessica's personal space and her large eyes stared at her in wonder. "I just want you to know, I don't agree with what they're all saying. I don't think you're a manipulative liar who deserves to be thrown into a fight with the whomping willow. I think it would ruin your hair, and I think it's quite nice how it is now."

"Thanks, Luna," Jess told her, trying to remain neutral as she didn't know how to respond to that. The idea that people wanted her hurt wasn't an alien concept, but it was the first time someone she had punished had spoken to her afterwards, and Luna's kind nature gave her an uneasy feeling of guilt.

Luna half smiled and walked away, entering into a skip as she exited the classroom. Jessica watched her leave her eyesight with an odd interest and then started the usual process of cleaning up the room ready for McGonagall to use on Monday morning. She didn't have to do it, she had never been told to, she just did it as a common courtesy. Professor McGonagall had really taken a dislike to her since her appointment on the Inquisitorial Squad, so it was her way of getting onto her good side.

It hadn't worked yet. Jessica hadn't received a single thank you for doing it.

Once the door was closed and she had waved her wand to lock it, she felt a large pair of hands slither around her waist. She had gotten good at noticing discrepancies in people's touch, so she did not panic as the boy kissed her neck.

"What are you doing here?" Jessica asked with a smile. He was exactly what she needed to take the uneasy feeling away.

"Waiting for you," whispered Adrian, "there are penalties for missing practice you know. You've got to make it up to the Captain."

Adrian ran his hands through his own black hair and spun her around so that her back slammed against the door.  He picked her up by under her thighs and placed her down on the window ledge opposite, coming in between her legs and kissing her with both hands on her face. All uncertainty was now evaporated from her body, and she melted into his forceful rhythm, letting him take control. His pelvis pushed into hers and he started unbuttoning her shirt, hoping to achieve a repeat of the week before.