The Girl's Bathroom

Four days went by at Hogwarts until she was able to speak to her friends again. After sneaking out that first day and not coming back until late, the Slytherins kept a close watch on her. It appeared as if she was not allowed to go anywhere on her own. Wherever she went, there was always a Slytherin close by. However, on Thursday after their Care of Magical Creatures lesson, she had been able to sneak off with Hermione as the Slytherin's put away their feeding equipment. They had to be quick, but they had managed to get to the Girl's toilets without anyone seeing.

"Why does nobody ever listen to me!" shrieked Hermione as she paced up and down the abandoned toilet cubicles, ripping into her bushy hair. 

Hermione had obviously picked up on the tension between Jessica and Fred over the week, and had immediately begun to interrogate her about it. When Jessica had told her the full story, including what she had overheard the other night, Hermione had gone berserk. Jessica just stood there, leaning against one of the white marble sinks with her head in her hands, hoping that she would calm down before someone would hear her.

"I told you, I told you, Jess! I said avoid Fred at all costs and what did you do?" Hermione shouted.

"I kissed him..." Jessica sighed. Hermione had already asked her this three times, not seeming to acknowledge her answer.

"You kissed him!" exasperated Hermione, continuing her pacing and flinging her arms into the air as if she was reaching for the sky. "I can't believe this, you told me you weren't interested!"

"I didn't think I was!" Jessica quickly insisted, "just that he was being so nice and, well we had a little moment and, it just kind of...happened."

"Ron's going to flip out...does anyone else know?" Hermione asked, stopping in her tracks and turning to her. For the first time, Jessica saw what Ron had meant when he said that Hermione was a little scary sometimes when she was angry. Her delicate bone structure now appeared bony as she scowled.

"No only you," said Jessica.

"And this was at Grimmauld Place?" Hermione whispered and she tutted when Jessica nodded to confirm, "Where?"

Jessica itched the back of her neck. It was completely innocent, but she knew how Hermione might take it.

"...On my bed."

Hermione's jaw dropped to the floor in disgust, "Your BED?"

Oh, here we go...

Jessica lifted her head out of her hands and kicked herself off of the wall, "Hermione we're young adults, we're of age, don't be so prudish. It doesn't matter if it was on my bed or anywhere else. Even if we'd had sex it would still be-"

"Yeah, I get it," Hermione interrupted and lifted up her hand so that Jessica knew to stop talking. Her eyes rolled and then she crossed her arms in thought, leaning against a toilet door, "although I wouldn't put it past him to try it on."

"Why? Does he usually, go there, with girls," Jessica asked as she dropped her voice, hoping Hermione would get what she was insinuating. She hated the fact that it excited her to think about it.

Hermione rolled her head towards her and smiled dotingly, "He's a 17-year-old boy who's at boarding school without adult supervision Jess, it doesn't take a genius to work that one out."

Jessica had only been with one other guy before, her ex-boyfriend, so it wouldn't have scared her if Fred had tried it on. However, she now felt bad that he didn't. What was wrong with her that he didn't try to have sex? It only really gave evidence that Fred's words were true. He did think of her like a sister.