Voldemorts Weapon

"And that's when we agreed to keep in contact. They were supposed to track down the seller of the fakes and find confirmation that my necklace was this Sheidora thing and I was meant to find out as much information as possible from my end. Things changed for me however when I got back to Hogwarts. Other things became more important."

"Like what?" Dumbledore asked from the other side of his desk.

Jessica grasped her chair handles and laid back exasperatedly. She had been speaking non-stop for half an hour about what she, Bill and Tonks had been discussing at Grimmauld Place and she was now very tired of talking. "Saving your students from getting tortured," she said dully, "you can thank me any time."

"I am indeed thankful," Dumbledore responded graciously, "but how are you saving students from getting tortured exactly?"

Jessica looked nervously to her right where Professor Snape was looming over Dumbledores shoulder. She didn't trust him, he was one of Umbridge's favourite teachers for a reason, and she didn't want to put it out there in case he put a stop to it.

"Go on," Snape sneered, knowing she had no choice but to tell the truth thanks to the empty potion bottle tucked inside his robes. Jessica had willingly taken it as she needed something to stop her from being stubborn and saying nothing, but now she was starting to regret her decision.

"I've managed to get a detention list of my own," she started explaining to the both of them, "the other Slytherins can't touch those that are mine. Then I organise detention every other day to make it look like I'm doing something and give them fake cuts using a charm I learnt from Tonks. No one suspects a thing."

Snape's disapproving glare intensified but Dumbledore seemed marginally impressed. "How on earth did you get your friends to agree to that?" he asked and he rested his elbows on the desk.

"I have my ways of persuasion," Jessica answered,  and she pulled at the sleeves of her house jumper anxiously so that her whole hands were submerged in the wool, "but please don't ask me how. This truth serum you have me under will give you the unfiltered version and honestly you're not going to like what you hear."

"So that's what you were doing with Weasley," said Snape as Dumbledore expressed concern under his thick eyebrows and beard, "giving him a personal one on one instead of a detention?"

"Well yes," said Jessica guiltily, having to be honest, "but it wasn't like that. I was teaching him healing spells. I healed Lee Jordan when Fred was around and he asked me to teach him a few. I thought it would be a good thing considering you guys can't help anyone. It was all going well until...well the end..."

"What happened?" Dumbledore questioned intently as she trailed off.

As Jessica opened her mouth to answer, the fireplace blazed green and out stepped Bill and Tonks. Bill was still in his work robes and Tonks's long blue hair was wet from where she presumably had just been out in the rain. Jessica had never been more conflicted to see two people. On one hand, she was overjoyed that they were there as backup, but she also now couldn't say what she was about to say. She was ready to burst about the vision.

They both barged forward loudly, pouring out excuses for why they wrote to her and that it was all their fault and not hers. Dumbledore held his hands up to them and Bill and Tonks ceased pleading at once.

"It's alright, with a little help from Severus Jessica has already told us everything," he smiled from his desk, "thank you for coming at such short notice. Tonks you have never changed since school I see, always liking to go against the grain, but Bill I am surprised you were so eager to go against the Order and your family like this."