Fireflies

"Hey, traitor," Fred greeted her as Jessica walked up to him at the statue of the one-eyed witch. He was leaning against it with one foot up, himself in a light blue shirt and darker navy jacket. It was a contrast to what she had seen him fly in earlier, and though she had secretly hoped that he would keep the uniform on for her benefit, she welcomed him dressed smartly also. She was starting to debate if there was anything he could wear that would actually make him look bad.

"Nice to see Ginny's lingo is catching on," she sighed warmly, the short hem of her yellow floral dress swaying midway up her legs as she came to a stop in front of him. Ginny had made calling her this a habit, possibly thinking it was her way of giving Jessica a cute nickname to feel included. She had shouted it over to her when Hermione and Jessica were chatting with the Gryffindor team before the big game, and all of them had found it so hilarious that they had only called her by that name the rest of the day.

It would have been funny if she hadn't actually felt like a traitor given what she had done.

"It's in an affectionate way!" he said leaning into her and giving her a sly kiss on the cheek as the corridor was empty for a rare second, "you look beautiful."

Jessica rubbed his arm, swollen and sore from hitting bludgers for an hour straight that morning. "Had to make an effort since I was meeting with a winner," she said, her matching yellow court heels tapping off the ground as she rose nervously onto her toes and back down again, "I couldn't help but cheer the loudest when you took that last-minute hit to clear the way for Harry."

"Ah, one more bruise means nothing compared to securing the victory," he said proudly, flexing his arm on purpose to gain her approval, "I'm sure you'll find that out. It's a shame you had to miss the celebrations afterwards though, Hermione said Draco called you over."

"Yeah sorry, the project took a bit longer than planned and we needed to get it done," she told him.

Draco had called her over from the Gryffindor stands, but to attend another IQ meeting with Umbridge. Today's target was Professor Sinistra, though Draco was unusually quiet given he had been so hungry to dish dirt on the rest of the teachers so far. It was mainly Blaise and Pansy, who thought their nights could be spent better elsewhere than staring up at the sky.

"But it's finished now and I'm here. We have all the time in the world."

"And on that note," Fred whispered with a smirk, "let's get out of here before big nose comes and finds us. He's on patrol tonight."

He grabbed Jessica's hand and got out his wand from his back pocket. She could still faintly see Umbridge's scar. After checking the coast was clear he tapped the back of the statue and whispered, "Dissendium."

A passageway opened inside the one-eyed witch statue, revealing a long staircase leading to pitch-black darkness.

"Where does this go?" Jessica asked, trying to process the amazement of Hogwarts actually having secret passageways. She thought Fred was joking.

"It's a surprise," he told her back, stepping down inside. "Do you trust me?"

She looked around the corridor, waiting for Dumbledore or Snape to walk around the corner at any moment. It was 8 pm, they were expecting her, and any moment now they would figure out she wasn't coming. Surely they would realise that she was a young girl who would want to celebrate with her friends though. She would just get a telling off tomorrow where she would be able to tell them what she had found out from Draco.

"Of course."

For at least 15 minutes they walked down the long passageway, recalling the greatest moments from today's game like veteran commentators. Fred was mainly raving about Ron, who helped save multiple goals from Hufflepuff. It was good to see him actually praising him for once instead of getting on him, a duty that he and George appeared to take very seriously. Eventually, they got to a dead end, with steps leading to a trapped door above. The sign on the wall next to them read 'Honeydukes Cellar'.