The Vision

"I hear congratulations are in order Miss Clarke, Severus has told me you just made chaser on the Slytherin team," Dumbledore greeted Jessica warmly, offering her a bowl full of sherbet lemons out of his silver-grey robes. It was Saturday night, and Jessica was stood in the centre of Dumbledores office with himself and Professor Snape. She had arrived at 7 pm on the dot, aching to get her hands on any news regarding the order and get clarification on a few things that had been troubling her.

It had been her best day at Hogwarts to date. After spending hours away with Fred in the secret room the night before, Fred wanting to know how her first week had really gone now that the two had cleared the air, they snuck back out so he could walk her to the Slytherin common room in the early hours of the morning. She got back with no one awake, Pansy presumably in Draco's room, so she just crashed on her bed to sleep without any worry. By 9 am she was out on the quidditch pitch alongside the other students invited to tryouts, and when she got there she realised it was only her there alongside Crabbe and Goyle that were new. It was less of a tryout and more like having an initiation for a secret society. 

For her initiation, she had to stand in the middle of a circle made by the other players and battle multiple quaffles being thrown at her (which she would have to catch and then pass on to another player) whilst also having to dodge two bludgers. Luckily, playing with Fred and George had given her some experience with dealing with spontaneous opponents, so she was able to handle it mostly with ease. She passed her test, as well as Crabbe and Goyle who got the two open beaters positions, and the rest of the time was spent following Adrian's training plan. Adrian and Blaise looked like they were going to be good teammates and she really enjoyed flying with them, they seemed to work in sync and know exactly when another was going to throw the Quaffle. Blaise particular was very smart and strategic, though he was quiet, Jessica looked forward to unpacking more about what was behind that model face. She surprisingly got on with all her team, and it was the first time she actually felt any house unity that felt healthy and clean. There was no slagging off of other houses and she even got along with Malfoy who praised her after she had been welcomed to the team. It was best not the day to let them know she knew they had spiked her drink with veritaserum, as she wanted to have one conflict-free day.

She had dinner with the Slytherins in the Great Hall, a given really as she had to celebrate with the team. Jessica sat as far away from Pansy as she could, having not spoken to her since their conversation at the Party. Every now and again she would flash a glimpse over to the Gryffindor table and see a friendly face looking back kindly at her. She knew they had all snuck in the stands to watch her after hearing a small cheer when Draco got hit by one of Crabbe's bludgers. Ron gave them away first, he was the most enthusiastic one. Even Fred did not return a disgruntled glare at her for who she was sitting with for once, but instead just returned a wink, as they had already arranged to meet each other after dark. They had agreed to not tell anyone just yet about them, as both of them didn't want to put any pressure on the other.

Now at Dumbledore's office, she wanted to get into things as quickly as possible, she didn't want anything to ruin her first good day. As she stepped into the grand room, filled with intrinsic gadgets and ornaments that she knew were concealed with the richest secrets of magic, she had greeted Snape and Dumbledore with much welcome. She was finally going to get some answers.

"Yes I did, I'm looking forward to the first match in a couple of weeks, though sir as much as I'd like to catch up I'd rather like to get to why I'm here," Jessica said politely, taking a wrapped sweet and putting it in her jean pocket, "I don't know why you wanted me here tonight Headmaster but I need to tell you something, tell you both actually, it's something important."